Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 4, 2007, 09:31 AM   #1
amycishere
macrumors 6502

New ipod from Apple or retail stores?

I still haven't decided what to do if I really love whichever model.

Best Buy did screw me over with my previous laptop I had bought from them. Took it in for a check up a few days before the warranty plan expired. They said it was fine. As soon as my plan expired, started crashing left and right and I bought a new macbook.

With apple, I bought a new macbook through apple.com. Declared DOA because of the number of serious problems with the keyboard and the computer itself when I first opened it up. They sent me a beautiful macbook a few weeks later which hasn't given me one problem. Bought an 2g ipod
mini back in 2005. Had it engraved and just kept on skipping all the time even after we sent it to apple to be fixed. I was very careful with it, and it never once was dropped or even scratched as I kept it in a hard case. I'll at least never buy an engraved one again, got tired of the message anyway.

If I buy directly from apple,will it be shipped the next day or will they be on backorder the first couple of days?

So I've heard mixed reviews about the ipod warranty from Best Buy.

Can't go to the apple store and pick one up. Ours is 1 hour and a half away.

What should I do? What is everyone else doing?
amycishere is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2007, 09:40 AM   #2
Roy Hobbs
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by amycishere View Post

Best Buy did screw me over with my previous laptop I had bought from them. Took it in for a check up a few days before the warranty plan expired. They said it was fine. As soon as my plan expired, started crashing left and right and I bought a new macbook.

With apple, I bought a new macbook through apple.com. Declared DOA because of the number of serious problems with the keyboard and the computer itself when I first opened it up. They sent me a beautiful macbook a few weeks later which hasn't given me one problem. Bought an 2g ipod
mini back in 2005. Had it engraved and just kept on skipping all the time even after we sent it to apple to be fixed. I was very careful with it, and it never once was dropped or even scratched as I kept it in a hard case. I'll at least never buy an engraved one again, got tired of the message anyway.

If I buy directly from apple,will it be shipped the next day or will they be on backorder the first couple of days?

I doubt Best Buy will have them right away. I always buy from Apple I would much rather deal with them if an issue occurs.
Roy Hobbs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2007, 10:16 AM   #3
Garrett
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by amycishere View Post

I am going to order threw and order next day shipping, so if it's up before noon pacific time, I shall get it the next day
Old Sep 4, 2007, 11:35 AM   #4
dukebound85
macrumors P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
I am going to order threw and order next day shipping, so if it's up before noon pacific time, I shall get it the next day
egads! through you mean lol not threw
dukebound85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod