Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 5, 2007, 01:50 PM   #1
continuum
macrumors 6502

is cover flow only for new "classic" iPod line?

I haven't had a chance to read into it yet but I was wondering if any of you know the answer... will the new version of iTunes add cover flow to existing video iPod users or is this only something available with the purchase of the new "classic" iPod (if it is indeed a new line of product or possibly just a renaming)?
Old Sep 5, 2007, 01:55 PM   #2
mkrishnan
Moderator emeritus

Well, (1) it sounds like the new "classic" iPod is more of a new product than a rebadging -- I haven't seen pictures, but the articles all say it's metal (and not plastic), and (2) Apple has almost never made a feature available on older iPods before, so.....

But actually, speaking of things I haven't seen, I haven't seen anything that actually says there will be coverflow on that particular iPod. Although it does seem to have a new interface. EDIT: Sorry, I do see now that it does indeed have Coverflow.

Last edited by mkrishnan; Sep 5, 2007 at 02:02 PM.
mkrishnan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 02:23 PM   #3
continuum
macrumors 6502

yeah... even the nano gets cover flow. i hope it's an update via iTunes.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 02:33 PM   #4
milo
macrumors 603

The new ipods are totally different hardware and completely different operating system than the old ones. I doubt there's any way they could run the new interface on the old hardware.
milo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod