Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 5, 2007, 03:20 PM   #1
--Wolf--
macrumors regular

Anyone else feel they ruined the nano?

I mean cmon! What they released is pretty much identical to all the rumors that were going around beforehand, and no one liked them.

The only reason I was going to get a Nano last gen (held off for this update tho) is before I loved the sleek design.

I'm never going to watch movies or pictures, that's what a cell phone is for. I mean, this looks hard enough to hold, and don't even get me started on the hold switch being on the bottom.

Was Apple drunk when they came up with this design? I wan't to consider the iPod Touch, but it will be around $430 (NZD) when it comes out here, and the Wi-Fi probably won't even work in New Zealand.
--Wolf-- is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 03:28 PM   #2
MaskedPhantom
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to MaskedPhantom Send a message via MSN to MaskedPhantom Send a message via Yahoo to MaskedPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to MaskedPhantom
I for one, like the new nano, but won't be purchasing it as it doesn't suit my needs.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 03:32 PM   #3
milo
macrumors 603

Not at all, it's a huge improvement. To be honest I'm crazy about it. The only thing that would keep me from buying one is if I get a touch or iPhone instead.
milo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 03:44 PM   #4
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3

Yeah I usually put my iPods on eBay when new ones come out. I won't be putting my 8GB nano up though. New one does nothing for me and video on a nano is just insane. It's hard enough on the eyes with the regular iPod. I did, however, put my 80 gigger up for some sucker to snatch and will be buying a 160GB "classic" promptly.
Chupa Chupa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 03:54 PM   #5
michaelverdin
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupa Chupa View Post
Yeah I usually put my iPods on eBay when new ones come out. I won't be putting my 8GB nano up though. New one does nothing for me and video on a nano is just insane. It's hard enough on the eyes with the regular iPod. I did, however, put my 80 gigger up for some sucker to snatch and will be buying a 160GB "classic" promptly.
If that 80g is sealed I'll buy it right now, I have just bought a 60gb white and an iPod Hi-Fi, a 4gb 1st gen Nano and a 24'' White iMac, all with applecare.

I plan on barricading myself in my house with plenty of Canaqua water and not coming out until the Applecare is up (3 years), I also have 2 of every animal (not insects) and am hoping this time of bad taste, ugly imacs and phat ipods will pass. Seriously, things are not looking good for apple

Or Buy a Mac Pro lol
michaelverdin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 04:00 PM   #6
steamboat26
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to steamboat26 Send a message via Yahoo to steamboat26
It doesn't look very cool, although i like the added features (video playback). But an almost square iPod nano just looks weird...
steamboat26 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 04:09 PM   #7
Phobophobia
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Phobophobia
Visually it is unappealing. I knew I liked the original iPod Nano and the revision almost instantly.

-- Don't Panic
Phobophobia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 04:53 PM   #8
elppa
macrumors 68040

I'm curious as to why you think the WiFi would not work in NZ?
elppa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 05:21 PM   #9
bousozoku
Moderator emeritus

While the other two nano models were quite stunning, seeing the new one together with the full-sized iPod, it certainly makes sense.

I understand the thinking, though, because I was rather off put when the iPod video arrived and was wide and flat.
bousozoku is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 05:48 PM   #10
HLdan
Banned

I think the OP might be the drunk one thinking cell phones are for watching movies on....
HLdan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 06:08 PM   #11
mward333
macrumors 6502a

I've gotta admit that I prefer the 2nd generation (tall, skinny) nano, as opposed to the new 3rd generation (short, chubby) nano that was released today. I'm hanging onto my 2nd generation nano, the red one.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod