Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 5, 2007, 08:21 PM   #1
isoS
macrumors newbie

Q: are podcasts available in the Wi-Fi Store?

And the inevitable follow-up:

Why not?
isoS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 08:36 PM   #2
ftaok
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by isoS View Post

Why not?
I would doubt that podcast would be available at the wi-fi iTMS. I would think that Starbucks wouldn't want you using their bandwidth to download free material. It's one thing if you're buying songs (of which I am assuming that they get a cut), but it's just bad business to allow dl'ing of podcasts.

Of course, if you buy a big cup of coffee ....

ft
ftaok is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 08:39 PM   #3
EssentialParado
macrumors 65816

Forgive me because I'm not a coffee drinker, but I thought starbucks wifi was free for all customers anyway?
EssentialParado is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 08:57 PM   #4
timswim78
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssentialParado View Post
Forgive me because I'm not a coffee drinker, but I thought starbucks wifi was free for all customers anyway?
Nope, you gotta pay to play at the bucks.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 09:00 PM   #5
iPhil
macrumors 68030

Location: A$$hat free location,and helping Mac bring back teh sexy-ness era back
Send a message via AIM to iPhil
Quote:

Connect for free.

As long as you have an iPod touch, an iPhone, or a computer with the latest version of iTunes, you get free Wi-Fi access to the iTunes Store and to Starbucks Now Playing content. Stroll into a participating Starbucks and you’re connected automatically. Browse and search the entire iTunes Store from your laptop or millions of songs on the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store from iPod touch or iPhone. All at the same prices as the regular iTunes Store.

more coffee ITMS info linky
iPhil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 09:10 PM   #6
davekarn
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to davekarn
Quote:
Originally Posted by isoS View Post

Why not?
I would imagine that AUDIO podcasts will be available but probably not VIDEO podcasts, as no other videos were touted as being downloadable.

-SOLD MacBook Air 1.6 GHZ, 80GB HDD for a 15" MBP 2.8 GHZ, 500GB HDD
davekarn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2007, 09:28 PM   #7
nbs2
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftaok View Post
I would doubt that podcast would be available at the wi-fi iTMS. I would think that Starbucks wouldn't want you using their bandwidth to download free material. It's one thing if you're buying songs (of which I am assuming that they get a cut), but it's just bad business to allow dl'ing of podcasts.

Of course, if you buy a big cup of coffee ....

ft
Which is one thing to consider when the special Starbucks button appears. But, the WiFi store is available anywhere you have a WiFi connection (or, I assume, EDGE on the iPhone). I really can't think of a reason to not include Podcasts.

On a side note, with the number of Starbucks in downtown Seattle, that fifth button may as well be permanent there...
Old Sep 6, 2007, 06:10 AM   #8
ftaok
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbs2 View Post
Which is one thing to consider when the special Starbucks button appears. But, the WiFi store is available anywhere you have a WiFi connection (or, I assume, EDGE on the iPhone). I really can't think of a reason to not include Podcasts.

On a side note, with the number of Starbucks in downtown Seattle, that fifth button may as well be permanent there...
You know what ... you're right. I must have blazed through the OP's post and inserted Starbucks as I was reading it. You see, the whole Apple/Starbuck/iTMS connection is working already.

Anyways, perhaps you're right and that podcasts would be available on the wifi-iTMS. Maybe Starbucks will realize that iPhone/iPodtouch owners would drink more coffee if they're in the building surfing and iTMSing.

ft
ftaok is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2007, 09:12 AM   #9
kristoffer4
macrumors 6502a

So can you get audio podcasts on the wifi intunes store?
kristoffer4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod