Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 6, 2007, 04:34 AM   #1
johninchina
macrumors newbie

The Ultimate Screw (suggestions?)

I finally broke down and bought a replacement for my ancient ipod yesterday, got the shipment notification almost immediately. 24 hours later, I check the website again and find out that a brand new ipod is out, twice the size for the same price.

Naturally when I ordered my ipod yesterday I fell for the free, gimmicky laser engraving which makes my now-outdated ipod unreturnable!

I'm just out of luck huh? What a crappy thing to happen. If it had been even a week earlier I wouldn't feel so bad..
johninchina is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 05:26 AM   #2
MacinJosh
macrumors 6502a

If you had followed the news on this site you would have most likely waited a bit before buying. All the rumors indicated on a new iPod lineup.

Joshua.

Last edited by Mitthrawnuruodo; Sep 7, 2007 at 06:34 AM. Reason: No need to quote the first post in full...
MacinJosh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 01:05 PM   #3
PygmySurfer
macrumors 6502

Did you receive it yet? I wonder if they might've shipped the replacement model instead (Apple has been known to do this from time to time).
PygmySurfer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 01:21 PM   #4
aidanpendragon
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by PygmySurfer View Post
Did you receive it yet? I wonder if they might've shipped the replacement model instead (Apple has been known to do this from time to time).
If not, Apple offers price protection for 14 days following purchase. They should/will refund to you any difference in $$$ between what you bought & the new products.
aidanpendragon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 01:39 PM   #5
milo
macrumors 603

If you ordered it yesterday, they may have even upgraded you without telling you. If it was an engraved model, it had to take some time for them to actually engrave it.

Worst case, they should give it to you at the new 80G price. Although it would be nice to get the new version with better battery life etc.

Did you get it yet?

Have you called up the apple store? What did they say?

As cool as it is, I think it's always wise to skip the engraving. Leaves more options for returning it, and more resale potential.
milo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 02:02 PM   #6
PygmySurfer
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo View Post
As cool as it is, I think it's always wise to skip the engraving. Leaves more options for returning it, and more resale potential.
I was debating getting my Touch engraved when I ordered it yesterday, and that's exactly what I thought. Not going to have much luck selling it (if I ever decided to do that) if it's got my name engraved on it.

Plus, I couldn't decide what exactly to engrave on it :P
PygmySurfer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2007, 06:33 AM   #7
milo
macrumors 603

So what ended up happening?

Don't leave us hanging.
milo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2007, 09:32 AM   #8
Rapmastac1
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Rapmastac1 Send a message via MSN to Rapmastac1
Yeah, I was gonna get my Touch engraved, but couldn't make up my mind! That is when I decided it would be better to get it from Best Buy with my disctount and free shipping.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 02:10 PM   #9
mikefly
macrumors regular

cancel

i'd suspect they haven't shipped it yet, but who knows -- did you call apple to try and cancel or just post here waiting for someone to tell you what to do?

Mike
mikefly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2007, 04:52 PM   #10
EssentialParado
macrumors 65816

Always remember to check the macrumors Buyer's Guide before buying!
EssentialParado is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod