Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amycishere

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
I love the nano design but I'm worried that watching videos on there will just be to difficult for any length of time. I know the classic screen is a bit bigger and you of course get MUCH more storage for $50 dollars more.

What I'll be using it for:

I'm disabled so the first thing I thought of was being able to watch movies/shows after everyone goes to bed. I can't get into bed myself so therefore I can't get up and watch tv.

Also I would have it on while exercising/bus/travel time/will watch at home to.

Are there any reviews out yet where they show the nano/classic side by side playing a video?

Our target/best buy sounded like they weren't going to be getting them in anytime soon...

Also, I only have normal function of one hand and very limited use of the other. One reason why I'm not going with the ipod touch. Afraid I would drop it with my bad hand while operating with my good one.

Thank you so much if anyone could help.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
I love the nano design but I'm worried that watching videos on there will just be to difficult for any length of time. I know the classic screen is a bit bigger and you of course get MUCH more storage for $50 dollars more.

What I'll be using it for:

I'm disabled so the first thing I thought of was being able to watch movies/shows after everyone goes to bed. I can't get into bed myself so therefore I can't get up and watch tv.

Also I would have it on while exercising/bus/travel time/will watch at home to.

Are there any reviews out yet where they show the nano/classic side by side playing a video?

Our target/best buy sounded like they weren't going to be getting them in anytime soon...

Also, I only have normal function of one hand and very limited use of the other. One reason why I'm not going with the ipod touch. Afraid I would drop it with my bad hand while operating with my good one.

Thank you so much if anyone could help.
I think classic is good, mostly because I feel the screen size is bigger, Nano's is just too small.

julierules11

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2007
50 bucks seems reasonable for quite a bit more storage than a nano.i am going with a classic for all the extra space and the odd video or game i would use.my music library is growing by the day.good luck.

Jermanowsky

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2007
You have to think that both have the same interface and controls, but Classic is heavier than Nano. Not much, but it can make a difference regarding comfort when handling with one hand.
On the other side, think about how much info would you take with you. My music folder is barely 2Gb (I know, I'm ashamed...), and I wouldn't carry more than 6Gb of video, hence the Nano takes the lead here. If you are thinking to use it also as storage, look for the Classic.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2003
Why not just get a touch. The only reason i mention it is because you were considering a nano, which means storage isn't he primary concern, and the ipod classic is really for people who want to take everything with them. For 50 bux more you get a larger screen, wifi, bluetooth, and a host of other features. I kinda want an nano too, but after looking at the price of the touch, it seems WAY overpriced to me. I have an iphone so no touch for me. But if i were you that's what i'd get. Unless battery life is your concern.

amycishere

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
Why not just get a touch. The only reason i mention it is because you were considering a nano, which means storage isn't he primary concern, and the ipod classic is really for people who want to take everything with them. For 50 bux more you get a larger screen, wifi, bluetooth, and a host of other features. I kinda want an nano too, but after looking at the price of the touch, it seems WAY overpriced to me. I have an iphone so no touch for me. But if i were you that's what i'd get. Unless battery life is your concern.

I said in the post why I wasn't considering a touch.

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2004
I know you may have already made your decision, but I thought I'll throw my $0.02 in as well.

I say go ahead and spend the extra $50 on a classic. As others have said, it'll be more comfortable to hold for longer periods of time since it's a little heavier and you can get a better grip on it.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Go Classic. It's really a no brainer. The nano is "cute," but its not real practical, as you say, for watching video. OTOH the 80GB iPod isn't that big, and holds a hella lot more movies and music plus a bigger screen, even if it's not more pixels than the nano.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.