Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 6, 2007, 09:05 PM   #1
bluedoggiant
macrumors 68020

windows format ipod to mac format

my friend has an 5g ipod in windows format, he wants o make it mac format to use on his mac, how can u do this?
bluedoggiant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 09:36 PM   #2
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/faq...or-vice-versa/
Chupa Chupa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2007, 09:42 PM   #3
PygmySurfer
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedoggiant View Post
my friend has an 5g ipod in windows format, he wants o make it mac format to use on his mac, how can u do this?
Connect it to the Mac, and in iTunes you should have an option to do a Restore of it.

Also, it's not necessary to format it for a Mac - it'll work when formatted for Windows. Personally, I'd format it for the Mac anyway, but its important to note its not necessary.
PygmySurfer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2007, 01:02 AM   #4
Rapmastac1
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Rapmastac1 Send a message via MSN to Rapmastac1
If you format it for either, you can't restore it on either. BUT, if you format it in windows, you can update the songs and what not from both mac and windows, but if you format it for mac, you can only update the songs in osx... I choose windows (I have windows on my macbook and a pc, besides my mac), it makes it easier to get songs from my friends and what not...
Rapmastac1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod