Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

8bitrevolution

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
I ordered my iPod on Wednesday after the presentation and it just came in about 30 minutes ago.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/maynard_g_krebs/sets/72157601899455746/

(Sorry for the poor quality photos)

The interface is really slick - it's a nice change up from the interface used on the 5th gen iPods. However it is a bit laggy when switching between menus. The coverflow interface is really nice but, as others have said, it has some lagging to it, as well.

I've only put on about 14 albums since I'm at work and don't have access to my full library.

I'm not certain but the iPod screen does appear to be glass. I don't know how easily the back/screen scratches but I probably will pick up an invisishield for it.

So 80gigs for $249 shipped from Shanghai in less two days - that's pretty impressive! And free shipping, to boot.

As an aside, I have 5th gen 30 and 80gigs that I can take comparision shots with if anyone wants them. I'm sure a lot of people are starting to get the new iPod classics in but if anyone has any questions, I'll try to answer them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.