Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Toon Master

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2006
I used a flash drive to put some of my friend's songs he got on iTunes on my computer, and it asks me for his pass. Can i make it so my account will still work on my iTuens after that, or will it be continued to format as his account?

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
Songs bought on iTunes are linked to the account that bought them. If you enter his account details on your computer you'll be able to play them but you wouldn't be able to play songs that you bought. If you switch back to your account you wont be able to play his.

PS Dont steal music :D

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
I swap iTunes purchased songs with one of my friends quite often. I can play both his and mine while logged onto my account anytime. All you have to do is type his password in once and it is taken care of.

PygmySurfer

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2006
Wellesley, ON
I swap iTunes purchased songs with one of my friends quite often. I can play both his and mine while logged onto my account anytime. All you have to do is type his password in once and it is taken care of.

Yup. iTunes lets you link up to 5 computers to one account. Essentially, you've taken one of his 5 slots.

The OP could do the same thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.