Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 8, 2007, 08:43 AM   #1
SactoGuy18
macrumors 68000

Send a message via Yahoo to SactoGuy18
3G nano won't charge with certain docks?

I'm am puzzled by this problem I'm having with my new 3G iPod nano.

When I plug in my new nano into my computer's USB 2.0 port, the player properly charges the battery to full power. However, when I plug it into my Cyber Acoustics CA-461 iPod dock/speaker, it will not charge the battery on the player. I had this same problem when I used the supplied data cable to connect to a third-party USB charger that has a 5.0V DC output, which is supposed to charge the iPod normally. (I have yet to try Apple's own iPod charger that also works through the USB connection.)

I took my player to Fry's Electronics, and plugged the player into various dock/speaker and dock/clock radio units, and some of them will NOT charge the player (but will play back the audio through the line-out connection on the iPod data connector).

Is there a potential compatibility issue, and will Apple offer a firmware fix so my 3G nano will charge with most standard iPod docks?
SactoGuy18 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod