Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Aug 15, 2003, 02:28 PM   #1
Foucault
macrumors 6502

Apple Care Rocks!!!

I've read a lot of horror stories about people dealing with apple care and apple support, so when my 30 GB iPod stopped working last weekend, I was nervous. I went to my local Apple Store, and they checked it out and agreed that my iPod was busted. They told me to call apple support. I called apple support and they told me to go to this website to set up a pickup. I was starting to feel like I was getting the runaround. So I made the request on Sunday to get my iPod picked up. Tuesday I got the empty box to place my iPod, and I set it back the same day. I was expecting maybe a 2-3 week turnaround time. But good golly miss molly it showed up today (Friday)... Now I have my iPod back, and I am happy as a bee...

Apple you've just won yourself a customer for life.
Foucault is offline   0
Old Aug 15, 2003, 02:40 PM   #2
Powerbook G5
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to Powerbook G5 Send a message via Yahoo to Powerbook G5
When I first got my PowerBook G3, it had a defect that was found in the first batch of systems made. I called up Apple support and within days they literally sent me a brand new system to replace it. I agree, they can be really good about keeping the customer happy.
Old Aug 15, 2003, 04:17 PM   #3
cb911
macrumors 601

Send a message via ICQ to cb911 Send a message via AIM to cb911
yep, AppleCare is the only way to go. i never had to use it on my TiBook, but it was good to know it was there.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers