Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleFan08

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
Hey, right after hearing about the new iPods coming earlier in the week, i got right on selling my white 80gb video in order to have some money to get the Touch (I sold it two nights ago for $220). Anyways, how many of you are selling or have sold your current iPods to get a new one? I'm very interested to know.

I also want to know why so many people are so eager to buy used ipods! I put it on Craigslist and within id say 10 minutes i received 5 calls about it, and sold it after the 3rd lowball call. I guess people just want a good deal.

nlivo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2007
Ballarat, Australia
i sold my white 60GB 5th gen for $150....it was in terrible quality with scratches all over it but worked fine....i still think i could have got mine for more though. I sold it the same day i was telling my mates that i was selling it.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I was contemplating selling my 80gb 5.5G, but then I saw the new iPod Classics. Whilst 160gb is ace and that. It's also in the ugliest iPod design since the 1G :eek:

I'll sell my 5.5G as soon as the Touch is up to that lovely 160gb capacity. I simply adore this iPod still.

AppleFan08

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
Wow! it sounds like i got ripped! I should have priced it at 250. I probably would have gotten that price. but 220 is fine for me. I'm definitely going to spring for the 16gb. I mean, 100 more for 2x the mem, its a no brainer for me. Im hoping some nice cases will be available when I pick my touch up. I wouldnt have a prob spending a pretty penny for a good case

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
Sold my 5G 60GB today for 219 on eBay. Perfect condition as it's been in an InvisibleShield since day one, but was engraved with my name and number. I really think engraving is a dumb idea seeing how quickly iPods get outdated and how addicted I am to new tech.

Replacing it with a non-engraved 8GB refurbed ipod for $349. (Only $130 after considering the iPod payout... not too bad, seeing as they were going for $600 not too long ago.)

xmx250

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2007
How much do you guys think i can sell my 6gb silver ipod mini for??

i live in N.Y.

AppleFan08

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
hmm. im thinking like 140-50? im not sure how much they cost brand new because i never bought one. You should go onto the NY craigslist and see what they are going for there. then hit up ebay and do a search specific to NY

macenforcer

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2004
Colorado
You willl find that 5g prices are about to climb because the new ipod classics don't have video out through the headphone jack or at least it doesn't work with current cables and accessories.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
You willl find that 5g prices are about to climb because the new ipod classics don't have video out through the headphone jack or at least it doesn't work with current cables and accessories.

are there a lot of people who use their ipods for video out? i don't think there are enough to curb the price higher.

macenforcer

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2004
Colorado
are there a lot of people who use their ipods for video out? i don't think there are enough to curb the price higher.

Yeah, I think there are WAY more than you think. How about all the people who purchased the video out cable. Or the people who purchased one of those ipod video monitors you plug the ipod into. No more can they ever use them. I think it is curbing the price quite a bit hence the high ebay sales. Apple is now using a chip to sell only the accessories they make to you. I am going to pick up another 5.5g 80gb myself and then in a few months when the 160gb hd is cheap enough to put in my self maybe I do that.

-kritter-

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2007
Idaho
sold a friend my 5.5G 30GB for $125... doing chores and such for the $175 more so as that i can get an ipod touch....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.