Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stang68

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2007
USA
What have you guys heard about the Invisible Shield? I am thinking of getting one for my Touch.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
There are innumerable threads on this topic.

In summary - they are good. Buy one.

Will they have to contract now that their primary(?) market has been drastically slashed? They had expanded quite a bit, but with the classic and touch splitting the market, they may be too big...

Stang68

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2007
USA
Go with BestSkinsEver.com Same material/product, half the cost. Many will vouch for BSE. :):apple:

idk...bestskinsever doesnt look to good. They look pretty cheap. I might go with invisible shields. Anyone else?

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
idk...bestskinsever doesnt look to good. They look pretty cheap. I might go with invisible shields. Anyone else?

Can't speak towards BSE, but I have used an invisibleshiled on my 5G 60GB iPod since launch day. Took it off last week to sell it, and there was not a single scratch on it. It worked great.

phungy

macrumors 68020
Dec 5, 2006
FL/NY/TX

Well it is your money. I've used 4 of their skins for 4 Macbooks, 1 for a blackberry and 1 for a digital camera. Cheap material it is not but hey, its your money :) I won't convince you to buy from a company you don't like :apple:

Sir. Cheesecake

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2007
Shieldzone products are the best. I have used them on 4 products to date(5g ipod, 1g nano, VX8600 phone and the lcd screen for a canon XTI) and just ordered one for my ipod touch 16gb. I must say they are amazing. Protection without hindering the sexiness of your device. I would say go out and buy it. BTW I only got the front screen because i plan on doing a brush metal finish on the back of my touch.

8bitrevolution

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2007
Here's another vote for the Invisishield. My girlfriend and I both had them on our 5th gen iPods and hers is immaculate. Mine looks a little worse because I dropped it and the corner started peeling off about a year after that but, other than that, they work great.

As an aside, the third product I bought from ShieldZone was not so great. Nintendo DS invisishield's are pretty crappy from a usability standpoint.

I can't speak from experience about BSE but looking at their site, well, let's just say that ShieldZone's site looked incredibly horrible when I bought mine. They looked cheap, as well, but had good reviews. So you might want to check reviews before deciding.

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
A lot of you have probably seen it, but this video shows how well the the InvisibleShield protects an iPod.

I would recommend an InvisibleShield over a cheaper (second)BestSkinEver because the InvisibleShield comes with a lifetime warranty, so if it ever peels off, or gets damaged, they will send you a new one for free.

phungy

macrumors 68020
Dec 5, 2006
FL/NY/TX
Of course SZ would offer lifetime warranty. The price you are paying for is already 20+ times of the actual cost to make it. The likelihood of one having to replace it that many times is zero. Apply it right the first time and you won't need to worry about it coming off.

Have you actually tried both products? I have and I am sure both are the same material.

Let's compare:
ShieldZone Invisible skin for BlackBerry 8100 Pearl: $24.95.
BestSkinsEver Invisible skin for BlackBerry 8100 Pearl: $6.99

More than three times the cost of BSE. I'm still using the first one I have from BSE, I have an extra just incase. I've had the phone for over a year already.

Stick a fork in me cause I'm done.
It's your money, enjoy overpaying :)

comebackdwn

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2007
i have an invisibleshield on my 80gb ipod right now.

absolutely fantastic. not as hard to put on as one would think, although it can be frustrating if you are not patient.

plus...lifetime warranty! no questions asked. you just send in your old one, and they send you a new one.

LaMerVipere

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Chicago
I've had an Invisible Shield on my 5G iPod ever since day 1 and it's still there, and completely intact, and my iPod has remained 100% scratch-free!

I don't think I could be any more satisfied with it, and recommend it to everyone.

silversyren

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2006
I've gotten invisibleshield and best skins ever. Honestly, for my money's worth.. I plan on just getting bse from now on. I can't tell a difference and if I needed to replace the bse, it's still cheaper buying a replacement than relying on invisibleshield's warranty. difference? packaging. bse comes in a plain envelope, no spray bottle of "solution" (soapy water) and no little thing to work out the bubbles (use a credit card)

there's "bodyguardz" as well which is sorta a halfway point between invisibleshield and bse. price point is about the same as invisibleshield but it comes with two skins and better packaging.

checkup on ilounge's reviews. they have a review on each one for the iphone.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipod/review/11445/

TimJim

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2007
i got a Invisible Shield for my classic and its working good now...
BSE is supposaly the same thing for less.

phungy

macrumors 68020
Dec 5, 2006
FL/NY/TX
I've gotten invisibleshield and best skins ever. Honestly, for my money's worth.. I plan on just getting bse from now on. I can't tell a difference and if I needed to replace the bse, it's still cheaper buying a replacement than relying on invisibleshield's warranty. difference? packaging. bse comes in a plain envelope, no spray bottle of "solution" (soapy water) and no little thing to work out the bubbles (use a credit card)

there's "bodyguardz" as well which is sorta a halfway point between invisibleshield and bse. price point is about the same as invisibleshield but it comes with two skins and better packaging.

checkup on ilounge's reviews. they have a review on each one for the iphone.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipod/review/11445/

Finally! Someone else who's also tried both and realized its not worth buying from ShieldZone!

Stang68

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2007
USA
bse comes in a plain envelope, no spray bottle of "solution" (soapy water) and no little thing to work out the bubbles (use a credit card)

Idk, bse sounds pretty sketchy. Even their website is pretty ******. Im glad I went with invisible shield.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.