Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cstromme

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
I often seem to unplug and plug in my iPhone several times a day, and it's a bit annoying that iTunes keeps opening each time.

Is there any way to stop this permanently? So that I have to open iTunes myself if I want to sync it.

~J~

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2007
3rd Rock from the sun
I often seem to unplug and plug in my iPhone several times a day, and it's a bit annoying that iTunes keeps opening each time.

Is there any way to stop this permanently? So that I have to open iTunes myself if I want to sync it.

Yeah, disable automatic sync. What I want to know is how to disable iPhoto from opening... it opens and wants to import the same photos from my iPhone everytime I plug it in... drives me crazy

cstromme

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
Thank you! :)

Looks like I can help you back.

Start up iPhoto, Preferences, General, "Connecting camera opens" and set that to "No application".

~J~

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2007
3rd Rock from the sun
Yeah, that will work. What I was going for is iPhoto wouldnt open when I plug in my iPhone, but would open when I plug in my Sony digicam. Sorry, i didnt clarify that.

atlanticza

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Cape Town
Thank you! :)

Looks like I can help you back.

Start up iPhoto, Preferences, General, "Connecting camera opens" and set that to "No application".

I know this is an old post but the solution is now under the Preferences of Image Capture in Applications.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.