Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cheap-Chopstix

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2003
in a tree
I was just browsing Apple.ca educational section and noticed a special back to skool bundle. It says get 300 dollars mail in rebate when you purchase a Mac and an Ipod and a printer. Sounds like a sweet ass deal. I was just wondering if you had to buy the mac at store price to get the rebate or can you get it at edu price and then get the rebate. Either way still a sweet deal. Couldn't find anywhere on the rebate form mentioning of this.

Cheap-Chopstix

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2003
in a tree
Sweetness....that means I get an Ipod for 100 bux canadian. And save like 500 bux all together if I get a PB right now. The canadian bundle seems like the better deal. Get 300 bux canadian if you get the ipod and or ibook/pb and get another 150 back if you get the Canon i450. I like Canon over HP. Dam might just have to get a mac a couple months earlier then I wanted. Seems like too good of a deal to pass. 100 dollar Ipod seems too good to be true.

bobpensik

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2003
Calgary, AB
Yea i live in Canada and found this deal and thought that it was really great! but do you think that i should wait for the new revision or just buy now at the great price???

Do you think that there will be a price drop in the 12inch with the new revision or will it go up?? any ideas???

Also when they do finally come out, (i am hoping for a before friday release, or by tuesday would be my most likely guess) will there be like a huge line and delay to ship the PB's?? and if so how long would you guess???

And is the speed boost (most likely to 1Ghz) really going to make much of a difference??? and USB 2.0?? i know the upgraded video card would be good, but other then that is there really going to be a notacible difference for someone running basic programs (Internet, word processing, music, CD ripping, CD burning, maybe a little photoshop, running an external monitar)??? would i really see a big difference in an upgraded version?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.