Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Sep 17, 2007, 05:03 AM   #1
macduke
macrumors 68040

Random iPhone Blackout? Any suggestions?

Hello all. For some reason my iPhone just blacked out for about 5 mintues before "coming back from the grave". Before we begin, know this:

- My iPhone is not hacked, it never has been either
- I am using iTunes 10.4.0 so I can get free ringtones (not a hack really)
- This is a launch day iPhone
- My iPhone battery is at 70%
- The sim is still locked to ATT

Ok, so here's whats up. I just plugged my iPhone into my laptop (Windows XP Dell Inspiron 9300, yeah I know, I will hopefully be switching in January). I've never had a problem before, docked many times, added songs, swapped out movies and podcasts, pictures, etc. No problems.

So I just decide to plug it in real quick to see if the new update was out this morning, and I believe I heard the XP PNP connect sound like normal. I noticed my screen went out instead of showing the charging icon like normal. I go to click the top button, home button, nothing. I undock my phone without noting if iTunes recognized it or not. I try holding the top button to power it on: nothing. I try holding it for 10 seconds, nothing. I try holding different button combos like the reset with the home and the sleep button, nothing. I try to test to see if the screen went out and the power was still on: I flip the ringer switch to silent which always makes it vibrate, and nothing. It is dead. I try redocking it, nothing. Computer doesn't even pick it up. I try plugging it into the wall thinking the battery is dead, nothing. By now I'm starting to freak out. I unplug it one last time from my computer, while its still in the dock but unplugged, hit the top button and the apple logo appears!

I don't know why but for some reason it died for about 5 mintues. I checked the battery life when it woke up and it was at about 70%. I've had my iPhone since launch and never had a problem like this. What do you guys think it could be? Short circuit? Should I call Apple at all or just see if it happens again? I'm scared to death to try to redock it now. Thanks in advance for the help.
macduke is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting