Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Sep 17, 2007, 08:30 AM   #1
the1payday
macrumors regular

question about what to do AFTER unlocking iPhone

Once you've unlocked the iphone using jailbreak and several other applications, is it safe to then delete those applications that you used in unlocking? The iphone doesn't need those applications to continue running in an unlocked state does it?
the1payday is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2010, 11:59 AM   #2
ooggaala
macrumors newbie

If you truly desire to remove the app from your iPhone, then yes. I remember in a tutorial that at the end it was optional to remove the apps included in order to unlock the iPhone are no longer needed to be there. I could remove cydia and it would still be unlocked and jailbreaked.
ooggaala is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2010, 02:59 PM   #3
Rizvi1
macrumors 6502a

Is this something you want to do in order for no one to know that you have done a jailbreak and unlock on your iPhone? the iPhone 3gs I'm planning on picking up soon has Applecare on it but I'm not sure I could use it since I'm not with AT&T.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting