Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 17, 2007, 08:53 PM   #1
gadgetgirl85
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to gadgetgirl85
Some advice needed on purchase

At the moment I have a orange shuffle that I take with me to gym. I have currently ordered the ipod touch. I am also considering perhaps buying a nano. I'm wondering...would I have a use for so many ipods? I'm definitely getting the touch but the nano is so cute but if I wouldn't have a use for one I really shouldn't just blow my money. Any advice?
gadgetgirl85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2007, 09:58 PM   #2
MattyMac
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by viccles View Post
At the moment I have a orange shuffle that I take with me to gym. I have currently ordered the ipod touch. I am also considering perhaps buying a nano. I'm wondering...would I have a use for so many ipods? I'm definitely getting the touch but the nano is so cute but if I wouldn't have a use for one I really shouldn't just blow my money. Any advice?
You probably shouldn't blow your money on another iPod you wouldn't use. However, I'm not one to talk...I have 9 iPods. I feel if you buy them both at once it won't be as enjoyable.

Here is what you should do...get the touch now and thoroughly enjoy it. When the newness of the touch wears off, the new nanos should be in the apple refurb store and you can pick one up for cheaper and not feel so bad for spending unnecessary money
Old Sep 17, 2007, 10:02 PM   #3
ivi7
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by viccles View Post
I don't think you'll need another ipod after you buy an apple touch.
Heck who am I kidding I own 3 ipods myself.
ivi7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2007, 10:18 PM   #4
Stampyhead
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMac View Post
I'm not one to talk...I have 9 iPods.
Wow, and I thought I was extravagant owning 3 iPods!
Stampyhead is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2007, 10:49 PM   #5
gadgetgirl85
macrumors 68040

LOL you guys are nearly convincing me with all the ipods you have!
Old Sep 17, 2007, 11:07 PM   #6
emptyCup
macrumors 65816

In what situation would you rather have a nano than either the shuffle or touch?

If can answer that question, with a real example from your life, then that is the logical reason for getting one. The illogical reason is because you want it and can afford it. It is also okay to do things just because they make you happy. Best wishes.
emptyCup is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2007, 11:18 PM   #7
gadgetgirl85
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyCup View Post
In what situation would you rather have a nano than either the shuffle or touch?

If can answer that question, with a real example from your life, then that is the logical reason for getting one. The illogical reason is because you want it and can afford it. It is also okay to do things just because they make you happy. Best wishes.
You helped me decide that I shouldn't really get one. I wouldn't have a use for 3 at all really. I just really really want my touch to arrive I'm not a person with patience

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod