Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Sep 17, 2007, 10:00 PM   #1
shidoshi
macrumors regular

MacWireless 11g PC Card + TiBook = help!

Okay, here's what I've got: PowerBook (TiBook) 550MHz running 10.4.10.

What I just purchased: MacWireless 11g PC Card rev C wireless card.

The problem that I'm having is that my TiBook is just refusing to recognize anything connected to Airport wireless networking. When I go into System Prefs > Network > Show: Network Port Configurations, there is nothing connected to Airport or anything seeming to be related to it. I downloaded and installed the Apple Airport 4.2 software installer, I tried replacing the AppleAirPort2.kext file in HD > System > Library > Extensions as the MacWireless troubleshooting sheet (that came included) recommended in case of issues.

Anybody had a situation like this, where Airport was refusing to show up as being recognized by Mac OSX, and then gotten it fixed? If so, I'd appreciate any suggestions. (And before anybody mentions it, I'm already in contact with MacWireless, but so far they've been of no help.)
shidoshi is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs