Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

international.png

Apple has posted updated demo videos of the iPhone on their UK site. The new videos use an updated version of the iPhone's software. A few differences are notable on the videos

- International Keyboard support has been included which was first seen on the iPod touch.
- Calculator Widget icon is updated (same is iPod touch).
- iTunes Wifi store

Apple is expected to deploy an iPhone update imminently.

Article Link

Eric Lewis

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2007
CANADA? eh?
its coming today...i know it

apple:apple: thanks for the wifi store

but that event was useless..why did jobs have to go there for that? what a waste

VaMac

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2007
Where is our Flash Player. I thought Walt Mossberg said that the Flash player would be one of the first software updates.

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2007
California
I want the keyboard to be available in landscape in all apps. The whole wifi store update will be nice, but I really hope they throw something else in as a little surprise because without one the update really isn't a big deal.

typ356

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C28 Safari/419.3)

What about MMS. Its very popular in Europe.

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2006
I want the keyboard to be available in landscape in all apps. The whole wifi store update will be nice, but I really hope they throw something else in as a little surprise because without one the update really isn't a big deal.

Agreed. Landscape mode for the keyboard is essential, as is adding the option to "Manually Manage" songs, videos and pictures; MMS support, improved sound level/quality, AIM/iChat, and video filming...

...and one more thing. In NYC I was used to sending off a few texts while on the train and my RAZR would store them in the outbox until I got off and there was a signal to send the messages. The iPhone doesn't do this. If I write a text and it can't be sent, once I exit the SMS page the text I typed is lost. Incredibly annoying. I used to save a lot of time by writing responses while on the train. :(

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
I would assume that they fixed the Yahoo! push mail issue, which was their fault. If they improved Mail at all, it would be nice.

bigbarr

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2003
Tampa
from everyone's comments in this and other threads it looks like everyone expects the update to be released soon...

Was Steve wrong when he said "next month" in the keynote about the itunes wifi store on the iphone?

I'm not getting my hopes up.

mainstreetmark

macrumors 68020
May 7, 2003
Saint Augustine, FL
...and one more thing. In NYC I was used to sending off a few texts while on the train and my RAZR would store them in the outbox until I got off and there was a signal to send the messages. The iPhone doesn't do this. If I write a text and it can't be sent, once I exit the SMS page the text I typed is lost. Incredibly annoying. I used to save a lot of time by writing responses while on the train. :(

Seconded. I've had to walk outside and hold my iphone up in the air for a few moments, or risk loosing my very important response.

(I wonder if the iPhone and devices like it with full keyboards will put an end to that strange "LOL" speech, that's even made it's way into commercials)

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2007
California
from everyone's comments in this and other threads it looks like everyone expects the update to be released soon...

Was Steve wrong when he said "next month" in the keynote about the itunes wifi store on the iphone?

I'm not getting my hopes up.

I believe Steve said "later this month," not next month.

I am thinking Apple will do like they have with the other two updates and release them in the afternoon. I have my fingers crossed for today and for wanting something special in the update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.