Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Habakuk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Vienna Austria Europe
Official website:
http://www.bombich.com/software/ccc.html

I have the previous version of the OS X cloning tool (making bootable copies of the operating system on external drives and vice versa) and it is very reliable. From the help file (colored):

Carbon Copy Cloner 3 was completely rebuilt with a new suite of features to meet the growing needs of Mac OS X users. In addition to the fast disk-to-disk cloning, CCC is now a full-featured backup utility as well.

Among the new features in CCC 3 are:

Support for block-level disk-to-disk clones.

Synchronization built-in, not bolted on.

Support for backing up across the network to another Macintosh.

Advanced scheduling capabilities -- choose what days to run your backups and how frequently they should run. You can also defer a backup if it starts at an inopportune time.

Now you can create a scheduled task that backs up your data whenever you attach a specific hard drive or iPod.

The ability to drill down into folders to select exactly what gets copied and what doesn't (you can drill down indefinitely).

A more responsive interface and the ability to stop the clone.

More accurate feedback during the clone.

The ability to pick up where a previously aborted backup task left off.

More information about your volumes are available within the CCC interface.

Attachments

• ccc3screenshot.jpg
    ccc3screenshot.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 77

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Wow, this looks amazing! Is it a Universal Binary? If it is I'm definitely going to be recommending this thing again... SuperDuper! just got a run for its money, I think.;)

I'm a SuperDuper! user but I might just switch back to CCC now that it has exact disk-to-disk copy, a feature I've not seen in any Mac backup/cloning program before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.