Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Sep 18, 2007, 11:57 PM   #1
huntnboy04
macrumors regular

Moving Photos from iPhone to Mac

I put a lot of photos on my iPhone from iPhoto. So how do I put them back into iPhoto? thanks.
huntnboy04 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2007, 12:12 AM   #2
AJ Muni
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to AJ Muni
Do you mean the new photos taken with your iphone? the ones you imported from iphoto should still be there (in iphoto that is). If you want to remove the pics u added from iphoto from your iphone, you need to un-sync the album. When you connect your iphone, iphoto should pop up asking you to import the pics you've taken on your iphone.
Old Sep 20, 2007, 01:41 AM   #3
huntnboy04
macrumors regular

Not the photos I've taken, I get the whole Camera Roll thing in the iPhone, when I sync, the pics I've taken with the iPhone import to iPhoto.

I thought, I could put photos on the iPhone and move them around, like with an iPod, so I have photos that were in iPhoto, now on my iPhone, and I need to put them into iPhoto ....it's complicated
Old Sep 20, 2007, 04:58 AM   #4
sinecurea
macrumors regular

If there are on your iPhone, then they should be in your iTunes too.
sinecurea is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2007, 05:01 AM   #5
Roy Hobbs
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnboy04 View Post
Not the photos I've taken, I get the whole Camera Roll thing in the iPhone, when I sync, the pics I've taken with the iPhone import to iPhoto.

I thought, I could put photos on the iPhone and move them around, like with an iPod, so I have photos that were in iPhoto, now on my iPhone, and I need to put them into iPhoto ....it's complicated
THe photos don't leave iPhoto just like everything else (contacts, calendars, etc) they sync with your Mac. There is nothing to put back, assuming you didnt delete out of iPhoto after you but them on the phone.
Roy Hobbs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2007, 09:13 PM   #6
pzam
macrumors newbie

The hard drive on my mac book crashed. Luckily, I was able to upload most unbacked up pictures to my iphone before it happened. Now how am I going to move the pictures back to my iphoto library in my new hard drive? The only copies of the pictures are in the iphone. HELP!
pzam is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2007, 09:16 PM   #7
ivi7
macrumors 6502a

According to me if you connect your phone to the Mac and open iPhoto it will let you import everything from your phone.
ivi7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2007, 09:43 PM   #8
pzam
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi7 View Post
According to me if you connect your phone to the Mac and open iPhoto it will let you import everything from your phone.
I tried that, iphoto sees my iphone but none of my images. I think that function will only allow you to download pictures with the iphone not pictures downloaded from another computer (or my crashed hard drive). Any other suggestions?

Last edited by pzam; Sep 24, 2007 at 11:06 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 01:14 AM   #9
huntnboy04
macrumors regular

I have the same problem. You could email the pics to yourself, but like me I have like 500 pictures on my iPhone I need on the Mac, and as far as I know you can only email one picture at a time.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 01:16 AM   #10
ivi7
macrumors 6502a

If nothing else works how about sending it to the web gallery in .mac if you have that ofcourse. or maybe you could even do that during the trial. I really don't know what else could be done.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 01:39 AM   #11
pzam
macrumors newbie

How do you email the pics from your phone? I tried using gmail using safari, and it won't allow me to attach anything. Are you able to send out files to .mac from the iphone?
Old Sep 25, 2007, 01:40 AM   #12
ivi7
macrumors 6502a

this may help
Old Sep 25, 2007, 10:26 PM   #13
huntnboy04
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzam View Post
How do you email the pics from your phone?
So far I think you can only email one photo at a time. When you are looking at the photo you want to send in he photo app, in the lower left, tap that icon and a list will come up of weather you want to set a wallpaper, email, or whatever. I think you have to have an email account set up on the iPhone.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 10:56 PM   #14
gotzero
macrumors 68040

I found this process a whole lot less intuitive than everything else about the phone.

This has been my first camera phone (came from blackberrys), and it is funny, that the camera is just good enough that I am actually interested in pictures now, and have some photo documentation of my life. Now it would just be a lot nicer if I could get them to sync correctly...
gotzero is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 12:08 AM   #15
J.S.Khurst
macrumors newbie

If you have a Mac, simply open iPhoto, all the pictures will come up under devices on the left, you can choose to import some, or all, and either to keep them on your phone, or to delete them. It doesn't work in reverse, you still must use iTunes to handle specific albums.
J.S.Khurst is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 12:39 AM   #16
mcdj
macrumors 603

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.S.Khurst
If you have a Mac, simply open iPhoto, all the pictures will come up under devices on the left, you can choose to import some, or all, and either to keep them on your phone, or to delete them. It doesn't work in reverse, you still must use iTunes to handle specific albums.
Facepalm 3G
Old Sep 26, 2008, 12:23 PM   #17
Sonicjay
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdj View Post
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Facepalm 3G
hahaha x2
Sonicjay is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 01:05 PM   #18
sallythemac

Try Image Capture. Should be able to download photos off iPhone onto any Mac. I have done so before.
sallythemac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 01:25 PM   #19
iphonecode
Banned

I have the same problem.
iphonecode is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 01:40 PM   #20
Small White Car
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzam View Post
The hard drive on my mac book crashed. Luckily, I was able to upload most unbacked up pictures to my iphone before it happened. Now how am I going to move the pictures back to my iphoto library in my new hard drive? The only copies of the pictures are in the iphone. HELP!
Well, first off, you're in trouble because iPhoto shrinks the photos dramatically before putting them on the phone. So even if you get them back, they are a fraction of the quality if the originals.

Secondly, e-mailing is a problem because I think it shrinks the photos too! At least, I know it shrinks the one you took with the iPhone camera. I don't know if it shrinks the synced photos, but hey, there's a pretty good chance that it does.

So what to do? I've never used this:
http://forum.iphoneworld.ca/iphone-s...-mac-3297.html

But it's what Google gave me. I'd try that first.

The bottom line is that an iPhone is NOT a backup device. Please get a firewire drive and Leopard and start using Time Machine. You'll be glad you did one day.
Small White Car is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2009, 07:59 PM   #21
jmburgos2
macrumors newbie

I'm a genius

Guess what guys, just take screen shots of each of your photos. It's quick, and it all goes into your camera roll, which will automatically upload to iphoto. I was so proud when this dawned on me. Hope I helped out millions and millions of people with my stroke of genius!
jmburgos2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2009, 01:40 AM   #22
Krikke68
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmburgos2 View Post
Guess what guys, just take screen shots of each of your photos. It's quick, and it all goes into your camera roll, which will automatically upload to iphoto. I was so proud when this dawned on me. Hope I helped out millions and millions of people with my stroke of genius!
That's a great idea!
I also found a new app PhotoToMac that transfers your Camera Roll photos to your Mac over WiFi. I installed it immediatly and it works like a charm.
Krikke68 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2009, 05:03 AM   #23
devman
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnboy04 View Post
So far I think you can only email one photo at a time.
using copy paste you can email multiple photos in the one email.
devman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2009, 08:11 AM   #24
nyisles84
macrumors regular

i delete iphoto the second i reformat my macs. I haven't yet tried importing to Lightroom 2 yet, I am going to have to try that when I get home and see if it knows not to import pictures it has already taken off the phone. I'd hate to have to re-install iphoto just to sync my iphone photo's with it.
nyisles84 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2009, 09:47 PM   #25
Joseph Electric
macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. I had a pc that crashed. I bought a macbook and it will download all my Camera Roll but the 1200 pics I have from my PC will not and if I sync it will erase all my pics and replace it with whats in iphoto. Theres got to be a way.
Joseph Electric is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting