Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

annk

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
Will I be able to use a Line 6 Tone Port UX2 as a hardware interface with Logic Express 8 on a 1.42 GHz, 1GB RAM Mac mini?

I've read Apple's list of requirements for LE8, as well as the tech specs for the Tone Port, and it seems that it will work. But I'm not the one who is going to be using this - I'm asking this question on behalf of someone who wants to buy the program for my son, who has the computer and Tone Port.

My son already has a MIDI interface, and if that piece of hardware turns out not to be good enough, I'll get him a new one.

Thanks in advance for all help!!

3rdpath

macrumors 68000
i have a UX2 that i use as a guitar interface with digital performer...it works well and can't think of any reason that it wouldn't work equally well in logic.

i have it and a midi interface connected via a usb hub with no problems.

just make sure you download the latest drivers for the software...i believe the toneport software( gearbox) scans your system during installation to make sure you're running the best version.

annk

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
Just in case anyone else ever reads this thread and wonders what the answer was - -

My brother used to work at Line 6, and he contacted someone he knows there, who spoke with the driver engineers who worked on the Tone Port. They say it will work with anything that supports core audio on a Mac - including Logic Express. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.