Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 19, 2007, 10:11 AM   #1
GlassDanse05
macrumors newbie

iPod audio quality from Line Out

I'm thinking of buying an iPod Classic but noticed many reviewers criticizing the audio quality. I have a 4g iPod that I use in my car through a doc to aux cable so I'm not worried about headphone jack quality. Would the bad sound quality described also remain if connected through the doc? or is that only a headphone jack problem? I'm very happy with my 4g iPod sound quality but the hard drive is on it's way out.
thanks for any help!
GlassDanse05 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2007, 10:31 AM   #2
davekarn
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to davekarn
Honestly, I never knew an MP3 player could sound so good. Although this is my first iPod (that being the classic) I was really impressed with the sound quality. Prior to this I had a Zune *shudder* and wasn't impressed at all, and I had the FM transmitter for that as well, which I thought was good, until I hooked up this iPod to a FM transmitter and was pleasantly surprised how good it was. I honestly don't think you will be disappointed with it at all.
davekarn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2007, 10:38 AM   #3
logicalnoise
macrumors member

I just set up my line in for my car stereo and my new classic sounds great. No background noise, clear bass and highs(I have a pioneer head unit 50W x4). I have the classical EQ on my ipod set and my stereos is set up nearly the same(Which should cauyse problems but I actully like EQ). Ideally teh ipod would be EQ flat and your stereo would so it's own EQ.
logicalnoise is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod