Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mithykal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
I ordered my iPod Touch on 5th September around 20-30mins after the store came back online, so I must have been one of the first batch of people to order.
I hear in the US they are shipping pre orders, they are in store in the US and they are starting to be instore in the UK Apple stores (i'm about 2 hours away from a store).
My ipod shipping delivery date was 1st oct, it has now changed to the 5th oct!!
I ordered an 8GB NOT engraved.
Grrrr, has this happended to anyone else? :mad:
They seem to treat any customer who isnt American like a 2nd grade customer, and anyone who isnt American and has pre-ordered like...well *****, basically we are bottom of the pile of people to ship to!
On the other hand, they might have FINALLY realised there is a problem with screens and have pushed the delivery back a bit, so we might get good screens...

jont1967

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2007
Seems odd really, I was in London today so just popped down to Regent St and picked one up (they had tonnes) and cancelled my online order, can't understand why they don't ship them. fab piece of kit though.

mithykal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
I was going to ring up Sales Support, but I don't know if there is much point, all I will be told is that it wont come out until 28th and im sure they wont acknowledge the stores selling them.
And I wont get anything out of the call, other than venting my anger, I think I might cancel it and pick one up when they come out in the electrical stores.

AndyM

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2006
I ordered mine on Sep 15, 2007 at 13:48 AM GMT and my dates still say 01-02 Oct:

Estimated Shipping: 28 Sep, 2007
Estimated Delivery: 01 Oct, 2007 - 02 Oct, 2007

After hearing how some americans have complained and got money off, i am half tempted tomorrow to complain about how it hasn't shipped yet, but available to buy in the shops and see what i can get out of it.

03sho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2007
UK
i rang up earlier and the apple guy said that what ever the retail stores do is out of there hand. Like saying its a different shop. saying just cos they broke the street date doesn't mean the online store will
lol
i ordered mine on the 9th sept @11.20 AM and mine is still 1st or 2nd of Oct.

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
I ordered my iPod Touch on 5th September around 20-30mins after the store came back online, so I must have been one of the first batch of people to order.
I hear in the US they are shipping pre orders, they are in store in the US and they are starting to be instore in the UK Apple stores (i'm about 2 hours away from a store).
My ipod shipping delivery date was 1st oct, it has now changed to the 5th oct!!

Grrrr same here - still says ship by the 28th , but delivery is now 5th Oct. I ordered the 16GB, again without engraving

..Vector..

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2007
Same with mine, and my nearest Apple store is 2 - 2.5 hours drive away :mad:

Guess i've just got to hope that they come in stock at pc world, currys and the like, or Cancom get them in and order from them

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.