Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goodtimes5

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
Bay Area
I'd like to know whether I should buy a new Macbook now or wait til Leopard comes out and then buy a new Macbook.

Naimfan

Suspended
Jan 15, 2003
Leopard is supposed to come out in October. We shall see. . .

If you need it NOW, buy it. Otherwise, wait.

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
It will definitely start shipping sometime in October probably around the 27th,

ShadoW

Vidd

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2006
I'd guess October 31st simply based on the iPod deal but at the very least, we know it's that month.

EasyB

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2005
I thought it was the 7th of Oct. Not sure where I got that from, has anyone heard this date?

cptpower

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2007
Calgary, AB
I thought it was the 7th of Oct. Not sure where I got that from, has anyone heard this date?

A major release on a Sunday? I guess stranger things have happened.

I've been looking into buying my first Mac for the past few weeks, and poking around on these forums is answering a lot of my questions. I've also seen a few rumours regarding Leopard, so to answer your question about hearing that date, yes I have. I've also heard every other day in October. Basically, nobody has any idea when it's going to get released, and its nothing but guesswork when someone says "it will be released on this day for sure!".

hopefully they make an announcement on a release date next week at Paris Expo, but don't count too much on that either.

It'll be sometime in October; they've already pushed it back once, and they don't want to lose face by having to do that again. Even if it isn't perfect, it'll be released; that's what 10.5.1 and so forth are for.

andrewag

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2005
Australia
It's due out in October for sure, but what part of October is the question. Probably the end to annoy us, but we've waited this long, so why not another few weeks.

andykemp

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2007
The iPod deal ended a week ago and the Macbook Pro was updated 3.5 months ago. I can't make sense of your post.

Ah... You are making the mistake of assuming he is in the US! Over the pond in the UK the iPod offer has just started and runs till the 30th October, and includes the NEW iPods!!

According to the T&C, you could always order on the 30th, and assuming Leopard is released before your order is dispatched you get the ipod and Leopard at the same time!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.