Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 19, 2007, 05:23 PM   #1
MrBoost
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Cheapest 8GB iPhone / AT&T or Apple Coupon Code?

Hi all, first post here.....

I am going to purchase an iPhone within the next week or so and was just wondering if anyone knows of some sort of discount code that can be applied at an online retailer or of any printable coupons, etc. I can take to an AT&T or Apple store.

I've researched the forums and looked online for a bit, but haven't found anything useful yet.

Anyone know of anything?

Thanks in advance!
MrBoost is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2007, 05:29 PM   #2
Twinkie
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Milford, MI
Send a message via AIM to Twinkie Send a message via Yahoo to Twinkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoost View Post
Hi all, first post here.....

I am going to purchase an iPhone within the next week or so and was just wondering if anyone knows of some sort of discount code that can be applied at an online retailer or of any printable coupons, etc. I can take to an AT&T or Apple store.

I've researched the forums and looked online for a bit, but haven't found anything useful yet.

Anyone know of anything?

Thanks in advance!
I'm reasonably sure Apple still sends a $10 off $250 coupon if you create an account at the Apple Store.
Twinkie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2007, 05:36 PM   #3
s8film40
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Apple just reduced the price by $200.00 so now you can get an 8gb for $399 or if your willing to go with the 4gb you can for a limited time (while supplies last) order one from the Apple store for only $299. There are no other discounts that can be applied to iPhones. You could possibly see if someone is willing to sell you there $100 apple credit and maybe save a little that way,but that could be risky.
s8film40 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2007, 05:41 PM   #4
alljunks
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
buy ur phone online, and bring it to a local ATT sub dealer. tell them you want to open new activation with your own phone. With 2 yr contract you should get about $200 to $250 back....
alljunks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2007, 07:25 PM   #5
j5uh
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Send a message via AIM to j5uh
Quote:
Originally Posted by alljunks View Post
buy ur phone online, and bring it to a local ATT sub dealer. tell them you want to open new activation with your own phone. With 2 yr contract you should get about $200 to $250 back....
how do you get back $200 to $250 back? i've never heard of this...
j5uh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2007, 08:02 PM   #6
Scribble1412
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
What I did is I bought up three $100 Apple Gift Cards from eBay for $260 and used them to purchase a $350 8gb Refurbished iPhone on the Apple Online Store. Once you do that you can go to At&t and sign up for a new contract and buy up another phone (any phone) there with your signing agreement and sell that free/discounted phone to make some extra dough.

That could sure make things cheap!
Scribble1412 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2007, 08:09 PM   #7
nippyjun
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
You can be referred by a current ATT customer for a $25 gift card. Search the forum for the thread on this.
nippyjun is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2007, 09:23 PM   #8
calvy
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble1412 View Post
What I did is I bought up three $100 Apple Gift Cards from eBay for $260 and used them to purchase a $350 8gb Refurbished iPhone on the Apple Online Store. Once you do that you can go to At&t and sign up for a new contract and buy up another phone (any phone) there with your signing agreement and sell that free/discounted phone to make some extra dough.

That could sure make things cheap!
I was eligible for a contract extension and free phone of some kind when I bought my iPhone. I sure wish I had gotten some phone from AT&T first, then bought my iPhone and turned around and sold the brand new other phone I just got. Oh well, I had to have it the first day before I saw someone post this idea on slickdeals or somewhere.
calvy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2007, 10:45 PM   #9
aerospace
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvy View Post
I was eligible for a contract extension and free phone of some kind when I bought my iPhone. I sure wish I had gotten some phone from AT&T first, then bought my iPhone and turned around and sold the brand new other phone I just got. Oh well, I had to have it the first day before I saw someone post this idea on slickdeals or somewhere.

if you were eligible for a free phone you should still be. only difference they will be they probably put it back to the full 2 years
aerospace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2007, 11:25 PM   #10
alljunks
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
When a smaller ATT sub-dealer sign up a new customer they get commission for it. they want your business, so they will be willing to share some of the commission with you to complete the transaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j5uh View Post
how do you get back $200 to $250 back? i've never heard of this...
alljunks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2007, 11:50 PM   #11
sinstoic
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkie View Post
I'm reasonably sure Apple still sends a $10 off $250 coupon if you create an account at the Apple Store.
Not True!
sinstoic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2007, 06:35 PM   #12
aerospace
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkie View Post
I'm reasonably sure Apple still sends a $10 off $250 coupon if you create an account at the Apple Store.
how do you get this? i signed up but saw no mention of it. do they email you it later?

decided to jump and get the iphone, saving $10 would be cool
aerospace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2007, 08:44 PM   #13
Twinkie
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Milford, MI
Send a message via AIM to Twinkie Send a message via Yahoo to Twinkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerospace View Post
how do you get this? i signed up but saw no mention of it. do they email you it later?

decided to jump and get the iphone, saving $10 would be cool
It showed up a few days later, for me.

Though sinstoic says they're not doing it anymore, so YMMV.
Twinkie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2007, 09:56 AM   #14
jlanuez
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: USA
This worked, $50

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvy View Post
...sure wish I had gotten some phone from AT&T first, then bought my iPhone and turned around and sold the brand new other phone I just got...
Did not do this on purpose but...
My wife got a free Pink Mot Razr when i switched to AT&T on iPhone day. She then got an iPhone when the price dropped (and used the $100 coupon we were issued for my iPhone). I sold her new (free) Razr for $50 on CraigsList within a few hours.

When I switched her (in iTunes) from the Razr to the iPhone, it did "renew" her contract (on that new date) for 2 years. This activation took 2 minutes, mine took 11+ hours on iDay!


.
jlanuez is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SGP Coupon Code? iFiend iPhone Accessories 1 Jul 3, 2013 10:02 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC