Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrBoost

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Hi all, first post here.....

I am going to purchase an iPhone within the next week or so and was just wondering if anyone knows of some sort of discount code that can be applied at an online retailer or of any printable coupons, etc. I can take to an AT&T or Apple store.

I've researched the forums and looked online for a bit, but haven't found anything useful yet.

Anyone know of anything?

Thanks in advance!

Twinkie

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2005
Milford, MI
Hi all, first post here.....

I am going to purchase an iPhone within the next week or so and was just wondering if anyone knows of some sort of discount code that can be applied at an online retailer or of any printable coupons, etc. I can take to an AT&T or Apple store.

I've researched the forums and looked online for a bit, but haven't found anything useful yet.

Anyone know of anything?

Thanks in advance!
I'm reasonably sure Apple still sends a $10 off $250 coupon if you create an account at the Apple Store.

s8film40

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2007
Apple just reduced the price by $200.00 so now you can get an 8gb for $399 or if your willing to go with the 4gb you can for a limited time (while supplies last) order one from the Apple store for only $299. There are no other discounts that can be applied to iPhones. You could possibly see if someone is willing to sell you there $100 apple credit and maybe save a little that way,but that could be risky.

alljunks

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2007
buy ur phone online, and bring it to a local ATT sub dealer. tell them you want to open new activation with your own phone. With 2 yr contract you should get about $200 to $250 back....

j5uh

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2007
buy ur phone online, and bring it to a local ATT sub dealer. tell them you want to open new activation with your own phone. With 2 yr contract you should get about $200 to $250 back....

how do you get back $200 to $250 back? i've never heard of this...

Scribble1412

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2007
What I did is I bought up three $100 Apple Gift Cards from eBay for $260 and used them to purchase a $350 8gb Refurbished iPhone on the Apple Online Store. Once you do that you can go to At&t and sign up for a new contract and buy up another phone (any phone) there with your signing agreement and sell that free/discounted phone to make some extra dough.

That could sure make things cheap!

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2007
You can be referred by a current ATT customer for a $25 gift card. Search the forum for the thread on this.

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
What I did is I bought up three $100 Apple Gift Cards from eBay for $260 and used them to purchase a $350 8gb Refurbished iPhone on the Apple Online Store. Once you do that you can go to At&t and sign up for a new contract and buy up another phone (any phone) there with your signing agreement and sell that free/discounted phone to make some extra dough.

That could sure make things cheap!

I was eligible for a contract extension and free phone of some kind when I bought my iPhone. I sure wish I had gotten some phone from AT&T first, then bought my iPhone and turned around and sold the brand new other phone I just got. Oh well, I had to have it the first day before I saw someone post this idea on slickdeals or somewhere.

aerospace

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
I was eligible for a contract extension and free phone of some kind when I bought my iPhone. I sure wish I had gotten some phone from AT&T first, then bought my iPhone and turned around and sold the brand new other phone I just got. Oh well, I had to have it the first day before I saw someone post this idea on slickdeals or somewhere.

if you were eligible for a free phone you should still be. only difference they will be they probably put it back to the full 2 years

alljunks

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2007
When a smaller ATT sub-dealer sign up a new customer they get commission for it. they want your business, so they will be willing to share some of the commission with you to complete the transaction.

how do you get back $200 to $250 back? i've never heard of this...

aerospace

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
I'm reasonably sure Apple still sends a $10 off $250 coupon if you create an account at the Apple Store.

how do you get this? i signed up but saw no mention of it. do they email you it later?

decided to jump and get the iphone, saving $10 would be cool

jlanuez

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2006
USA
This worked, $50

...sure wish I had gotten some phone from AT&T first, then bought my iPhone and turned around and sold the brand new other phone I just got...

Did not do this on purpose but...
My wife got a free Pink Mot Razr when i switched to AT&T on iPhone day. She then got an :apple:iPhone when the price dropped (and used the $100 coupon we were issued for my iPhone). I sold her new (free) Razr for $50 on CraigsList within a few hours. :D

When I switched her (in iTunes) from the Razr to the iPhone, it did "renew" her contract (on that new date) for 2 years. This activation took 2 minutes, mine took 11+ hours on iDay!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.