Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richisgame

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
I just bought a

Seagate 750GB Freeagent External HD, w/USB, Firewire, and most importantly eSata connections. (Model # ST307504FPA1E3-RK)

I wanted to get it going immediately, and living in NYC I also bought the only PCI-X card I could find from Tekserve, a

Lacie Sata II 3Gb/s PCI-X Card 4E

I installed the card and driver on my Powermac G5 Dual 2.0, (10.4.10), and although System Profiler recognizes the card on the PCI bus, it will not recognize the drive through the Esata connection. I tried all four of the ports, and nothing. Disk utility shows nothing there.

The G5 does recognize the drive through the USB 2.0 connection.

I don't know whether this card is compatible or not, and I can't find any information on what would be online.

Does anyone know how I can get the eSata to work?

Much obliged.
Post 1 of 1 | Back to top

richisgame

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
I called Lacie tech support this morning, and they had me install the latest driver from their site, (as opposed to the driver that came on the disc with the card), and Voila, the Seagate appeared on my desktop!
So, I am good to go. :)

fotoguero

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2008
10.5 Leopard

Have you upgraded to 10.5 at all? I am having the same problems you had but LaCie doesn't have a driver for Mac... so I am little confused.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.