Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Crave TV posts a 13 minute hilights video of Steve Jobs at the London Apple Store launching the UK iPhone on September 18th.

While there was live text coverage, watching the video itself provides a better feel for the event.

Includes portions of the Q&A session where he talks about 3G, iTunes activation, iTunes Wifi store, Fair Usage limitations, Unlocked iPhones, iPhone pricing, and more.

Article Link

Lyra

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2003
Beta Colony, Alpha City
Is it just me or does Steve Jobs look really old or really sick? Can't figure it out... It's like he's aging before my very eyes in a pretty quick tempo.

Anyway, I went and got the new iPod Touch and sure enough as I feared I got one with the negative blacks on the screen.

Let's put it this way, I went back with it the same day and they were sold out of the 16GBs and as I looked at the others they had on display they more or less ALL suffered from this defect.

To make people understand what it actually means to have Negative Blacks messing up the screen, well... watching ANY movie with dark scenes in it, is not only a pain in the neck but very annoying. It simple shows inverted colors... It's horrible to watch movies on and you can't really find an angle that's good enough.

Mine next to a working iPod Touch is a huge difference...

Trust me people, stay away from the iPod Touch, 4 people have already returned theirs yesterday and others will too...

I'm waiting till Apple sorts this one out...

IT'S BAD...

patrickvanzandt

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2007
U.S.A.
Is it just me, or does Steve not seem like his usual confident self? He appears somewhat nervous and just not quite on the ball. Of course, it could just be jet lag -- this event was a 2 AM California time.

In any case, the Q&A session was certainly informative. I was surprised that Steve took questions; he usually does not do so at U.S. press conferences from what I have seen.

Jade Cambell

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2007
That video is hilarious. The audience asks him such rude questions, he doesn't know how to respond. He resorts to saying things like "All I can tell you is that we were faced with a lot of decisions, and we think we've made the best ones."

BTW

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2007
Is it just me or does Steve Jobs look really old or really sick? Can't figure it out... It's like he's aging before my very eyes in a pretty quick tempo.

Anyway, I went and got the new iPod Touch and sure enough as I feared I got one with the negative blacks on the screen.

Let's put it this way, I went back with it the same day and they were sold out of the 16GBs and as I looked at the others they had on display they more or less ALL suffered from this defect.

To make people understand what it actually means to have Negative Blacks messing up the screen, well... watching ANY movie with dark scenes in it, is not only a pain in the neck but very annoying. It simple shows inverted colors... It's horrible to watch movies on and you can't really find an angle that's good enough.

Mine next to a working iPod Touch is a huge difference...

Trust me people, stay away from the iPod Touch, 4 people have already returned theirs yesterday and others will too...

I'm waiting till Apple sorts this one out...

IT'S BAD...

Nope, I was thinking the same thing. He needed to shave. Maybe he mistook the U.K. for France.

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
I think many people have unrealistic expectations of what kinds of answers Jobs is supposed to give. Jobs constantly tries to shine Apple and its ventures in the best light possible, as is his job. When painted into a corner with pointed and arguably unfair questions, he does the proper thing for Apple and makes a succinct statement that basically means "get bent". It's not that he doesn't know how to respond, it's that he refuses to be trolled.

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
Nice video! But man... that was a tough Q&A session. I could tell Jobs was having a little trouble responding. Back off! :p

He obviously did a great job, though. :D

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
That video is hilarious. The audience asks him such rude questions, he doesn't know how to respond. He resorts to saying things like "All I can tell you is that we were faced with a lot of decisions, and we think we've made the best ones."

I agree they seemed very rude.
Rude? How are they in the least bit rude? They asked pertinent questions. Putting SJ on the spot does not equate with rudeness.

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
Funny, I didn't find the questions rude. :confused:

Me neither. And, for the record, he didn't look sick, and bearing in mind that millions of Apple fans hang off every word he speaks and he was answering cold questions, he did pretty damn well.

Not as confident as a prepped speech with no questions – a la Macworld keynote –*so it's bound to not be the same.

firestarter

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2002
Green and pleasant land
It's the British press.

It's British people in general. It's a national trait to be disrespectful / questioning of people who present themselves as an authority figure.

Personally, I think it's a good thing! Although I'm an Apple fan, I think the costing here is a little high and the package a little under-specced, so it's good that the press were there to ask Steve those tough questions rather than just clapping!!

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
Well, it may be shocking to us Americans, but we have forgotten what a real press corp and media sound like.

Hard hitting questions are what reporters used to do here too. Sad we get so shocked by it.

I too hope Steve is in good health. Apple is not ready to go on without him, yet, and I think he still has so much more he can give...

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2006
A bit off topic, but has any one seen Jobs in anything other than a black turtleneck? Any one? Even a pic? ... :p

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
A bit off topic, but has any one seen Jobs in anything other than a black turtleneck? Any one? Even a pic? ... :p

167823347_69e9698b5e.jpg

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
On a different note, why won't companies just put videos like these on youtube.

It's so Web 1.0 and big company to have these videos on your site at slow speeds and proprietary formats.

Of course it is C|NET, the archetype of dinosaur Web 1.0 companies.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
......Is it just me, or does Steve not seem like his usual confident self? He appears somewhat nervous and just not quite on the ball......

I agree they seemed very rude.

The british press are very powerful, aren't easily impressed and will tear down anyone/anytime, unlike the american press who lets face it seem to worship jobs regardless....for the most part anyway.

So i can understand the nervousness and the hard questions that ensued. Also i get the feeling he misinterpreted the Unlock question for 3rd party app hacks...maybe thats just me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.