Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Sep 20, 2007, 04:58 AM   #1
Azmodon
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to Azmodon
Intro to Photoshoppe 101

Yes, shoppe. It's olde timey.

Anyone have any favorite literature on graphic design? I ask because after checking out the art section at Barnes and Noble I discovered a digital arts section on the other side of the store filled a ton of books and, like art technique, some of them are, well, much to be desired. Still, photoshop and illustrator and any other associated programs are things I'd like to start learning. Any tips on what to look into?
Azmodon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2007, 06:41 AM   #2
Abraxsis
macrumors 6502

Go to lynda.com and get 25.00/mon subscription. The Illustrator and Photoshop tutorials are the bet available in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmodon View Post

Anyone have any favorite literature on graphic design? I ask because after checking out the art section at Barnes and Noble I discovered a digital arts section on the other side of the store filled a ton of books and, like art technique, some of them are, well, much to be desired. Still, photoshop and illustrator and any other associated programs are things I'd like to start learning. Any tips on what to look into?
Old Sep 20, 2007, 07:20 AM   #3
xfiftyfour
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmodon View Post

Are you looking for information on design, or just books teaching you how to use Photoshop and Illustrator?

If it's the latter, I really like the Classroom in a Book series that Adobe puts out. It's a personal preference, but step by step tutorials like that work really well for me - consequently, it's how I first learned to use the programs.
xfiftyfour is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2007, 12:52 PM   #4
Azmodon
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to Azmodon
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfiftyfour View Post
Are you looking for information on design, or just books teaching you how to use Photoshop and Illustrator?

If it's the latter, I really like the Classroom in a Book series that Adobe puts out. It's a personal preference, but step by step tutorials like that work really well for me - consequently, it's how I first learned to use the programs.
Heh, yeah, should have clarified; I made that post way too early. ^^; The latter, certainly. I'll check out what you guys suggested. Thanks!
Azmodon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2007, 02:53 PM   #5
bocomo
macrumors 6502

i really like real world photoshop by ben willmore

the classroom in a book series are solid, but a bit dry IMO

i know we all learn different ways...

(also, photoshop one on one by deke mcclelland)

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics