Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 20, 2007, 01:06 PM   #1
btallada9870
macrumors member

ipod classic auto shutoff?

On my 2g nano, if the music was paused, after a minute or so the ipod would shut off to save power. with the ipod classic, if the music is paused it just stays on and does not shut off which wastes the battery. this feature is important to me because when I shut off my car, the music automatically pauses because the ipod is no longer getting charged and if it doesn't automatically shut off the battery goes dead.

any help would be appreciated
thank you
btallada9870 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2007, 02:02 PM   #2
Roy Hobbs
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by btallada9870 View Post
On my 2g nano, if the music was paused, after a minute or so the ipod would shut off to save power. with the ipod classic, if the music is paused it just stays on and does not shut off which wastes the battery. this feature is important to me because when I shut off my car, the music automatically pauses because the ipod is no longer getting charged and if it doesn't automatically shut off the battery goes dead.

any help would be appreciated
thank you
try a restore, my classic shuts off on it own when paused without issue
Roy Hobbs is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod