Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RainCityMacFan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
NC
My first iPod came today (the nano, black wit 8GB) but the thing is, it came with this dock adapter looking thing which I have no clue what to do with.

It also didn't come with a dock so I was wondering is it worth it to have a docking station or not? If so should I get the universal dock or just the iPod nano one?

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
So should I just get the universal dock or the iPod nano dock?

Or just stick with a usb?

It's your call. The dock doesn't really offer you any additional benefit over the cable only - only that it'll store your iPod vertically rather than having to lay it flat.

The only real advantage is if you were wanting to connect your iPod to a stereo.

RainCityMacFan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
NC
It's your call. The dock doesn't really offer you any additional benefit over the cable only - only that it'll store your iPod vertically rather than having to lay it flat.

The only real advantage is if you were wanting to connect your iPod to a stereo.

I was just wondering, do you have the dock adapter?

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
I was just wondering, do you have the dock adapter?

I have a dock, but only because back when I bought my 3G iPod they still included the dock for free. So when I bought my 1st gen Nano, I just use the same dock. I don't think i would have bought a dock if i hadn't got one included. And yes, I do have the dock adapter, it came with my 1st gen nano.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.