Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 21, 2007, 11:22 AM   #1
carfac
macrumors 65816
 
carfac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
DeAuthorize Computer

I plugged my iPhone into my work computer today, and found I have 5 of 5 computers authorized. Over the past couple months, I have switched around a lot of computers, and I think some of the old (read no longer used) computers are authorized.

Is there a way I can get Apple to unauthorize all computers on mu account, and reauthorize just the 3 I use now? What do I do, and how do I contact the appropriate people at Apple?

Thanks!
carfac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2007, 11:35 AM   #2
iKwick7
macrumors 65816
 
iKwick7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Wood of Spots, NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by carfac View Post
I plugged my iPhone into my work computer today, and found I have 5 of 5 computers authorized. Over the past couple months, I have switched around a lot of computers, and I think some of the old (read no longer used) computers are authorized.

Is there a way I can get Apple to unauthorize all computers on mu account, and reauthorize just the 3 I use now? What do I do, and how do I contact the appropriate people at Apple?

Thanks!
I had to do the same thing.

In iTunes, click on your account (top right corner). There's a deauthorize option there. It's very simple.
__________________
iPad / 17" iMac G4 (my baby!)
iKwick7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2007, 11:53 AM   #3
carfac
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
carfac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKwick7 View Post
I had to do the same thing.

In iTunes, click on your account (top right corner). There's a deauthorize option there. It's very simple.
Its's very simple to deauthorize a computer I have access to and can turn on. Those two computers I need to drop are in pieces- some pieces are inside the three active computers, some pieces are in my basement, some pieces are in the garbage.

So what I need to do is tart over with a blant slate.
carfac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2007, 12:16 PM   #4
MattG
macrumors 68040
 
MattG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by carfac View Post
Its's very simple to deauthorize a computer I have access to and can turn on. Those two computers I need to drop are in pieces- some pieces are inside the three active computers, some pieces are in my basement, some pieces are in the garbage.

So what I need to do is tart over with a blant slate.
To deauthorize all computers associated with your account:

Click iTunes Store in the Source pane.
If you're not signed in to the store, click the Account button, then enter your account name and password.
Click the Account button again (your ID appears on the button), enter your password, and then click View Account.
In the Account Information window, click Deauthorize All.

(this only works if you are using 5/5, and Apple will only let you do it once a year)
MattG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2007, 12:26 PM   #5
MichelleAK
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Anchorage, AK
There should be a "Deauthorize All" option that you can use once in a 12-month period (and as long as you don't have fewer than 5 computers authorized). You can do it from a single computer, and you don't need to have access to the old, in pieces computers. After you do this, you will of course need to reauthorize those computers that you are actually using.

ETA: Oops, MattG beat me to it while I was doublechecking my memory.
MichelleAK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2007, 12:56 PM   #6
carfac
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
carfac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Matt and Michelle:

Thanks- just did it. That was EXACTLY what I needed.

I appreciate your help, and hope you both have a great weekend!
carfac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ios 7: trust this computer same every time I plug into same computer KOTULCN iOS 7 11 Oct 24, 2013 03:39 PM
How to DeAuthorize a Phone to a Computer bLaZ3n iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 2 Sep 26, 2013 09:08 PM
iPad: How to deauthorize iPad from iTunes? bobright iPad 0 Sep 25, 2013 03:42 PM
In iTunes, is "deauthorize all" still the only choice? hakr100 Mac Applications and Mac App Store 10 Jun 21, 2013 05:07 PM
Deauthorize this computer oldhifi OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 8 Apr 16, 2013 03:02 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC