Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 21, 2007, 11:22 AM   #1
carfac
macrumors 65816

DeAuthorize Computer

I plugged my iPhone into my work computer today, and found I have 5 of 5 computers authorized. Over the past couple months, I have switched around a lot of computers, and I think some of the old (read no longer used) computers are authorized.

Is there a way I can get Apple to unauthorize all computers on mu account, and reauthorize just the 3 I use now? What do I do, and how do I contact the appropriate people at Apple?

Thanks!
carfac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2007, 11:35 AM   #2
iKwick7
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfac View Post
I plugged my iPhone into my work computer today, and found I have 5 of 5 computers authorized. Over the past couple months, I have switched around a lot of computers, and I think some of the old (read no longer used) computers are authorized.

Is there a way I can get Apple to unauthorize all computers on mu account, and reauthorize just the 3 I use now? What do I do, and how do I contact the appropriate people at Apple?

Thanks!
I had to do the same thing.

In iTunes, click on your account (top right corner). There's a deauthorize option there. It's very simple.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 11:53 AM   #3
carfac
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKwick7 View Post
I had to do the same thing.

In iTunes, click on your account (top right corner). There's a deauthorize option there. It's very simple.
Its's very simple to deauthorize a computer I have access to and can turn on. Those two computers I need to drop are in pieces- some pieces are inside the three active computers, some pieces are in my basement, some pieces are in the garbage.

So what I need to do is tart over with a blant slate.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 12:16 PM   #4
MattG
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfac View Post
Its's very simple to deauthorize a computer I have access to and can turn on. Those two computers I need to drop are in pieces- some pieces are inside the three active computers, some pieces are in my basement, some pieces are in the garbage.

So what I need to do is tart over with a blant slate.
To deauthorize all computers associated with your account:

Click iTunes Store in the Source pane.
If you're not signed in to the store, click the Account button, then enter your account name and password.
Click the Account button again (your ID appears on the button), enter your password, and then click View Account.
In the Account Information window, click Deauthorize All.

(this only works if you are using 5/5, and Apple will only let you do it once a year)
MattG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2007, 12:26 PM   #5
MichelleAK
macrumors member

There should be a "Deauthorize All" option that you can use once in a 12-month period (and as long as you don't have fewer than 5 computers authorized). You can do it from a single computer, and you don't need to have access to the old, in pieces computers. After you do this, you will of course need to reauthorize those computers that you are actually using.

ETA: Oops, MattG beat me to it while I was doublechecking my memory.
MichelleAK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2007, 12:56 PM   #6
carfac
macrumors 65816

Matt and Michelle:

Thanks- just did it. That was EXACTLY what I needed.

I appreciate your help, and hope you both have a great weekend!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod