Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chicagodrew

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
Just picked up a 16GB IPt at the Michigan Ave. store. They just got a new shipment. Be sure to check the S/N--I was first given a week 37, and then I had the clerk pick out a week 38 instead. (She was unaware of any screen issues). I haven't checked my unit yet.

Oh, I heard they only have about 16 of 'em in stock, so go get 'em quick!

-Andrew

pushateg7

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Good job that's my plan next week on payday. For you lovely chicagoans.....the best buy in Bucktown has 16GB in stock as of about an hour or so ago (per Best Buy's website)

Good luck everyone, hope they are some in stock for me next week.

edit: The circuit city's in Ford City and Gurnee Mills also have 16GB touches in stock, per Circuit City's website.

chicagodrew

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
Good job that's my plan next week on payday. For you lovely chicagoans.....the best buy in Bucktown has 16GB in stock as of about an hour or so ago (per Best Buy's website)

Good luck everyone, hope they are some in stock for me next week.

edit: The circuit city's in Ford City and Gurnee Mills also have 16GB touches in stock, per Circuit City's website.

You'll probably be OK, because I don't think that they are pushing them too hard yet. Front of the Apple Store is all about the iPhone (They've got the IPt inside though). Pretty lucky here to have them in-stock before the official release.

-Andrew

pushateg7

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2007
Wheeling, IL
You'll probably be OK, because I don't think that they are pushing them too hard yet. Front of the Apple Store is all about the iPhone (They've got the IPt inside though). Pretty lucky here to have them in-stock before the official release.

-Andrew

I concur, that Mich. Ave store is nuts. I can see that supply disappearing pretty quickly. Went there a little bit after the iPhone launch, some 20-25 iPhones on display with everyone on every single display. Also, with people waiting for a free display to try out.

Critical Hippo

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2007
I just got exchanged my bad Week 37 at the Michigan Ave. store. I had it set to open up to the Jay Z Black Album cover and the man behind the counter accepted my explanation without any skepticism. He just went downstairs and brought up a new iPod Touch.

The original with the defective screen was not from a Macy Gray box; the new one came from a Macy Gray box; however, it was a Week 37. I didn't think to ask if they had any Week 38s in the store.

It turns out that it did not matter; the new one has a fantastic screen. I watched the same scenes that were giving me negative blacks on the old screen; this time they were just fine. I could see bushes in dark scenes dark blobby outlines. I'm pleased.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.