Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grovertdog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
:mad:OK, as inane as this may sound- I can't "click" links on ANY webpages. I can resize fine, move around, view multiple pages no problem. My bookmarks all seem to function as expected BUT I can't click ANYTHING!

Doubtless I am missing something basic here... Any ideas? Otherwise, the only way I can navigate is via bookmarks...

parrotheadmjb

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2007
idk man thats weird, you could try holding down the home and hold button to restart it, if that doesnt work you could try a restore

drnycallstar19

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2007
Really!! i went to the apple store the other day and was playing around with a touch. I had the same problem...it did everything but i couldn't click (or i guess i mean touch) on links. i thought it was that i didn't know how to use it correctly so i thought nothing of it. But i guess it did have a problem.

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
quick question...

how do you press "enter" in safari with the keyboard?? i cant figure it out. haha

There should be a blue "Go" (or "Search", depending on what kind of text field you're in) in the lower right of the keyboard.

adauge

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2007
I had the same problem and I just opened a new web page, (click the little button that shows two squares), the new page worked fine and I closed the old one. Haven't had a problem since.

tm1000

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2007
it's a safari bug. You can also start a new page and then close the non working one. it works the same way

theraider

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2007
This has happened to me a couple times, i think it happens when you view something like Gmail with Java (i think). You have to restart the ipod touch to fix this.

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
Just a little bug. When you're not using your iPod Touch power it off completely (so hold down the sleep button then drag the red slider) and that will clear the RAM and will help with things like that. Will not completely fix it but will help until Apple do a firmware update anyway.

mrmumford08

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2008
Re:

Press and hold the button on top of your Ipod until a slide will come up asking you to power down your device. After the device has shut down press the top button again until the apple appears on the screen and the problem should be resolved

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.