Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBooks were made just to piss you off, what do you think?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R.R.Mac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Guildford, England
Hi.

I have an 1.33 Ghz iBook G4 and i really need help with it.

I have all my work on it and i need to recover it (this part i can do)

Can anybody help me sort out my problem:

I start up my computer and i get no grey screen with the apple on it, instead it is just blank. It then shows that 'starting up mac osx screen' in colour.

I then try to click on my name and succeed. I try to type in my password and nothing responds on the keyboard so it does not type. It then starts to go to sleep all on its own:mad::mad:. I wake it up and the screen is on the lowest from of brighness (this time the keyboard responds but i still cant type my password as that does not) and about 10 seconds afterwards it goes to sleep:mad:. It continues doing this in an endless cycle.

Please can someone help me?

This would have been the third iBook G4 I would have been through.

Thanks

compuguy1088

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2007
In the Sub-Basement of Solitude
Hi.

I have an 1.33 Ghz iBook G4 and i really need help with it.

I have all my work on it and i need to recover it (this part i can do)

Can anybody help me sort out my problem:

I start up my computer and i get no grey screen with the apple on it, instead it is just blank. It then shows that 'starting up mac osx screen' in colour.

I then try to click on my name and succeed. I try to type in my password and nothing responds on the keyboard so it does not type. It then starts to go to sleep all on its own:mad::mad:. I wake it up and the screen is on the lowest from of brighness (this time the keyboard responds but i still cant type my password as that does not) and about 10 seconds afterwards it goes to sleep:mad:. It continues doing this in an endless cycle.

Please can someone help me?

This would have been the third iBook G4 I would have been through.

Thanks

I think its time to move on to a macbook...it obviously doesn't like you....:D

Jiddick ExRex

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2006
Roskilde, DK
Try hook it up to an external display see if the display dimming is the issue. Reset PRAM, PMU and see what happens.

I do hope you have Apple Care, so if that is the case, call them up.

R.R.Mac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Guildford, England
i have reset the PMU but the problem is that it keeps going to sleep when the lid is up and i wake it up and it goes to sleep in 3 seconds. I have not tried yet to connect it up to an external moniter but surley if i reset the PMU the moniter does not matter:confused:?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.