Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eazkk123

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2007
When ever I unplug the power cable, the battery only lasts 1-2hrs it seems to drain very quicky is this a problem? or is this the standard battery life? Thanks :)

Helfeather

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2007
When ever I unplug the power cable, the battery only lasts 1-2hrs it seems to drain very quicky is this a problem? or is this the standard battery life? Thanks :)

Hm;

1. Decrease brightness until you have 1 bar left.

2. Disable Airport.

3. Disable Bluetooth.

4. Set battery settings to 'Better Battery Life'

Should be able to pull off 5~5 1/2 hours if you're just word processing, less if you're doing more intensive tasks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eazkk123

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2007
I heard that there is a firmware update for this problem?! It really is a joke the battery life.

ivi7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
I heard that there is a firmware update for this problem?! It really is a joke the battery life.

after the update there was a considerable improvement in the battery life. There are many factors which affect the battery life but if certain measures are taken like the ones stated above there should not be a drain in battery life

Eazkk123

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2007
OK but i don't expect it to last a very short time! Also where can i download the firmware?

jczubach

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2007
northwest
OK but i don't expect it to last a very short time! Also where can i download the firmware?
the apple site, search 'battery update'. Also exercise the battery once in a while if you like to stay plugged in. unplug and go to bed and cycle her, she doesn't like sitting still and wants to go shopping or something every once in a while. :apple:

goodtimes5

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2004
Bay Area
the apple site, search 'battery update'. Also exercise the battery once in a while if you like to stay plugged in. unplug and go to bed and cycle her, she doesn't like sitting still and wants to go shopping or something every once in a while. :apple:

What an odd metaphor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.