Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carve

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Hey everyone! So yesterday I was watching a video on my ipod video (5G) and noticed after 20 minutes of watching the video I was already in the low, red zone on the battery meter! I let the battery drain all the way down until it was completely out of battery and recharged it until it was all charged up. I watched another video, once again, I only got 20 minutes of battery life. I then plugged it back into my computer and resotored it. Same thing, watched 20 minutes of video, in the low. I bought this iPod about 1 1/2 ago, and haven't been using it constantly. I still have about a month of apple care left and I think I am going to bring it in to get it checked out. What will they do to it if there is something wrong with it, swap it in for a new one?
Greatly Appreciated, Chandler

Dino451

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2006
Your battery is dying. It has been since the battery was manufactured. If you turn it in you most likely will get a refurbed unit.

http://www.ipodjuice.com/

I've used it. There are others look around. It will cost you roughly $30 for a kit.

carve

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Ok thanks. Yeah I looked at that website it looked like it might work. Will they give me an 'old' ipdo video or the new classic?

ds252

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2007
Why don't you just get apples free battery replacement if you still have the warranty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.