Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kalixa

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
I'm going to U.S.A. soon and there I will get myself an iPod (either a touch or a Nano, haven't decided yet). I also want to get some earphones with the iPod. Could someone give me some suggestions for a pair of earphones which can fulfill my criteria's?

- In-ear (They will have to stay in when running and riding my bike up and down hill.)
- Noise canceling (I am very aware of not listening to too loud music.)
- Not too expensive (I'm a student.)

Audio quality is less important than the above criteria's.

Thank you.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Griffin EarThumps (or whatever they are called now).

They're dirt cheap but sound really good!

fredsherbet

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2007
Hertford, England
Sennheiser CX300s are around for £18 (in the UK) now, and very good :D they don't have active noise canceling but create a seal in your ear. I was very pleased with mine until the rabbit bit through the wire :( and could hear all the detail of the music at low volumes (even in noisy environments)

as for them staying in your ear, they do a good job. If you find they get pushed out then try smaller buds (they come with three sizes)

Good luck and enjoy your new iPod :D

Fred

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
Sennheiser CX300s are around for £18 (in the UK) now, and very good :D they don't have active noise canceling but create a seal in your ear. I was very pleased with mine until the rabbit bit through the wire :( and could hear all the detail of the music at low volumes (even in noisy environments)

as for them staying in your ear, they do a good job. If you find they get pushed out then try smaller buds (they come with three sizes)

Good luck and enjoy your new iPod :D

Fred

I agree with you completely. It is noise reduction, which helps, but doesn't block out noise, so if that's what you're looking for, these may not be for you. These run between $50-70 USD and are worth every penny...

aspro

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2005
Hobart, Australia
I have been using the CX300s for around a month now and they are a great upgrade from the iPod buds and not very expensive as well. I am now able to not have to blow my ears away whilst walking along the side of the road. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.