Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

draperm25

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Swansea
Hi All,

Here are the current EDGE settings for all main UK networks thanks to this guys site, it has alot of things to help people out

. Getting EDGE (gprs) to work
· Go to Settings, General, Network, EDGE and add the following

Vodafone UK

· APN address: wap.vodafone.co.uk (Contract)
· APN address: pp.vodafone.co.uk (PAYG)
· Username: wap
· Password: wap

Orange UK

· APN address (Contract): orangewap
· APN address (PAYG): paygwap
· Username: Orange
· Password: Multimedia

T-Mobile UK

· APN address: general.t-mobile.uk
· Username : user

O2 UK

· APN address: wap.o2.co.uk
· Username : o2wap
· Password: password

Virgin UK

· APN address: goto.virginmobile.uk
· Username : user
· Password: (leave blank)

mikehockenballs

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2007
Greater Manchester, England
Edge Settings

This is my first post on the site and I would just like to thankyou for posting all of these settings.
I have had my iphone a week now but I could not connect to the internet apart from via wifi. I have looked for ages on different sites but with no luck.
I came across this site and I have registered and with my first search I found the answer to my question and I have input the settings for Orange UK and I can now connect to the net, so thanks again mate!! I really appreciate it!!

Cheers!!

mikehockenballs

koobcamuk

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
Vodafone UK

· APN address: wap.vodafone.co.uk (Contract)
· APN address: pp.vodafone.co.uk (PAYG)
· Username: wap

This doesn't work. I know this for a fact. The true settings are...

APN address: internet (Contract)
Username: wap
Password: wap

And that is from the Vodafone website itself too by the way.

simon-pyeman

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2007
T Mobile - Edge Settings

Hi guys

I had success on my i-phone using

APN: general.t-mobile.uk
Username: user
Password: user

Worked 1st time. Good luck.

mikeberg

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2007
Edge settings

Thanks for the settings. I notice there is nothing listed for the '3' network. will their sim cards not work in unlocked phones?

swag72

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2008
After going through settings, general, network - I don't even have a menu for edge. Please help, want to get the phone working like a dream!!

alexdudman

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2006
UK, Midlands
On 1.0.2 jailbroken firmware i had the edge icon appearing perfectly in the toolbar but eversince i upgraded my iPhone to 1.1.2 jailbroken there is not edge icon to be seen, even after putting in the correct o2 settings for my edge.
I know that i have edge coverage in my are as my other phone picks it up perfectly and so did my iPhone before upgrading.

Any ideas on how to fix this as being dis-connected isnt my cuppa tea :p?

doom1978

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2008
After going through settings, general, network - I don't even have a menu for edge. Please help, want to get the phone working like a dream!!

I got same issue. there is no edge setting option in my setting as well. My iphone is uk version, I unlocked it and using o2 pay as you go sim now.

phelix_da_kat

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2005
EDGE: Service option not supported

Hi all,

Has anyone recently had the following error message when trying to log on to EDGE on Orange UK network:
"Could not activate EDGE: Service option not supported"

Using Gen 1 iPhone, jail broken. No problems until today. (This month) I came out of an 18 month contract, so just waiting for the Gen 2 iPhone.

I have not had any problems (as I followed the parent post) until this weekend.

Is it a coincidence that my contract has finished? Have read other posts about the SIM being too old?

Thanks.

entwife

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2008
I got same issue. there is no edge setting option in my setting as well. My iphone is uk version, I unlocked it and using o2 pay as you go sim now.

hello there!

as far as i can tell if you out an o2 sim in UK iphone edge settings do not come up, im presuming its because phone recognises its an o2 sim and so already has settings for the pay monthly . ive tried this with trial and error to support my ideas and found that o2 pay as u go doesnt seem to work with it, the gprs block comes up but it doesnt work. i then pop a simplicity pay monthly sim in and enjoy edge, tmob, voda etc all work fine (as the edge options turn up), so im presuming the phone

sorry about my dodgy grammar, im at work so ive had to type this in fast as 'the man' dont approve

ToxicShadow

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2008
noobish

hey, first post here, and i have a noobish question... how do you get billed when you input the EDGE settings into the iPhone? eg. I have a Vodaofone payg with no mobile internet or anything, and i input the Vodafone internet iPhone settings, how will they charge me? Will they even charge me at all? Thnks!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.