Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Sep 24, 2007, 09:15 PM   #1
Chris Welch
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Chris Welch
Any way to get iTunes TV show artwork for shows I add manually?

Hello, I'm wondering if there's any way to get the artwork iTunes uses for TV shows for programs that I manually convert and ad to my library. Does anyone know of a method? Thanks!

And no... "Get Album Artwork" does not work.
Chris Welch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2007, 09:17 PM   #2
overanalyzer
macrumors 6502a

Same way as anything else in iTunes. Get the cover art from Amazon or somewhere else, and go to the artwork tab or box (depending on whether you are adding to one or a group of files) by right-clicking or control-clicking and hitting "Get Info" (or hitting command+shift+i) and then paste in the cover art.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 09:22 PM   #3
Chris Welch
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Chris Welch
No... I mean getting the actual artwork that iTunes uses for the shows.
Chris Welch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2007, 09:25 PM   #4
overanalyzer
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Welch View Post
No... I mean getting the actual artwork that iTunes uses for the shows.
Google images search or Amazon usually work well. There's also Josh's iTunes album art grabber, but I'm not sure if it does TV shows too. http://www.thejosher.net/iTunes/
Old Sep 25, 2007, 12:04 AM   #5
Spyharpy
macrumors member

For movies that I have, I just play it in Quicktime to the scene I want, pause it, copy and paste into the artwork tab for the movie clip in iTunes. Done.
Spyharpy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2007, 07:31 AM   #6
DENZIE
macrumors member

try MetaX, its an mp4 tagging app. Theres an option to use a frame from the video as the artwork, so If you know what scene/number of seconds in that itunes uses you could get it from this.
DENZIE is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2007, 06:56 PM   #7
PROJECT359
macrumors regular

Command-Shift-4

Old Dec 6, 2007, 03:39 PM   #8
krissvl
macrumors member

Can you tag .avi/.divx etc?

i use a reference files to get around this anyone know how i can get artwork tagged to these rather than just mp4 files?
krissvl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2008, 05:16 PM   #9
desenso
macrumors 6502a

Resurrecting this: iTunes treats album art for TV "series" a little differently.. for instance, I have a purchased episode of FRIENDS in my library, but the rest are ripped from my DVDs... the artwork from the purchased one is the "FRIENDS" tv series artwork in the main "TV Shows" menu, but all of the individual episodes have the automatic album artwork that iTunes generates. Does anyone know how to get this TV series-wide artwork to show up in the menu for when you're flipping through the varies TV series that are on there?
desenso is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2008, 07:24 AM   #10
Polska
macrumors member

Send a message via ICQ to Polska Send a message via MSN to Polska
Still looking for the iTunes TV Shows Artwork!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desenso View Post
Resurrecting this: iTunes treats album art for TV "series" a little differently.. for instance, I have a purchased episode of FRIENDS in my library, but the rest are ripped from my DVDs... the artwork from the purchased one is the "FRIENDS" tv series artwork in the main "TV Shows" menu, but all of the individual episodes have the automatic album artwork that iTunes generates. Does anyone know how to get this TV series-wide artwork to show up in the menu for when you're flipping through the varies TV series that are on there?
I completely understand what you're saying. Did you figure out a way? I know I could get the cover from the DVDs at Amazon.com or even download some Posters from Impawards.com but than it would be not in the iTunes Stores' albuns artwork format (nice, square and matching all my other series that I bought from there).

If you manage to have this done correctly, please let me know!

Erick Pess˘a
Polska is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2008, 12:33 AM   #11
TrustAvidity
macrumors newbie

I'm not sure if you have a Print Screen function, but with iTunes in Windows, I click on the album art to see it much larger, hit the Print Screen key, paste it into Paint, trim the picture to just the cover art, and paste that in for the art for the rest. Maybe you can find a way to do the same.
TrustAvidity is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2008, 01:09 AM   #12
richard.mac
macrumors 603

Send a message via Skype™ to richard.mac
^ print screen = command-shift-3. but this is a poor way to do it.

go to http://getvideoartwork.com/index.php...y&g2_itemId=29 and download the artwork and then paste it into the Artwork tab in the Get Info tab of the TV Show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissvl View Post
i use a reference files to get around this anyone know how i can get artwork tagged to these rather than just mp4 files?
you can use your own artwork for reference file movies an TV shows in the latest versions of iTunes (i think the latest version of 7 and 8).
richard.mac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2008, 11:04 PM   #13
tmneff
macrumors newbie

One thing I have noticed is that at least on Leopard, iTunes uses the artwork from the first episode in the show directory as its artwork for the show overall, in the various library display formats. Changing the first episode's artwork changes the show artwork - but you have to reload iTunes to see the new show artwork.
tmneff is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:21 PM   #14
soccerman7410
macrumors newbie

Hey

if you right click the tv show in itunes and select get info, you can copy and paste the art work into multiple other shows. so once you have purchased one tv show of a season from itunes, you can then apply the art to all the other episodes.

now if we could only get the artwork online
this old post has some
LETS TRY AND GET IT STARTED AGAIN PLEASE PEOPLE

Last edited by soccerman7410; Jul 17, 2009 at 10:22 PM. Reason: link is http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=419513
soccerman7410 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:22 PM   #15
soccerman7410
macrumors newbie

Goto This Website And Paste Your Itunes Art

GOTO THIS WEBSITE AND PASTE YOUR ITUNES ART
goto http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=419513
soccerman7410 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2010, 04:26 AM   #16
sand0s
macrumors member

Man... I just typed up a fairly nice step by step for this and got shut down by the "hey you already were logged in but you should log in again and lose your long wordy post" bridge... So here are the basics of pulling this off basically perfectly.

Find the actual iTunes store page for your content (movie or TV Show).

Right click on the image you want and select copy link.

Open your browser (Safari in my case) and paste in your copied link and go

It will take you back to the iTunes store page you just came from, but that's OK

Go back to your browser and notice that the artwork you're looking for in right there on the page

Right click on the image and copy it

Go to your ripped content and select whatever you want to have this particular artwork, go to get info and paste your copied image into the artwork space

Tada... "Official" artwork for your ripped/backed-up video content.

Sorry for bumping a two year old post, but I know since I was searching for it now, someone will again, and this can be helpful

Cheers!
sand0s is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2010, 03:22 PM   #17
suss2it
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand0s View Post
Man... I just typed up a fairly nice step by step for this and got shut down by the "hey you already were logged in but you should log in again and lose your long wordy post" bridge... So here are the basics of pulling this off basically perfectly.

It will take you back to the iTunes store page you just came from, but that's OK

Go back to your browser and notice that the artwork you're looking for in right there on the page

Go to your ripped content and select whatever you want to have this particular artwork, go to get info and paste your copied image into the artwork space

Sorry for bumping a two year old post, but I know since I was searching for it now, someone will again, and this can be helpful

Cheers!
Using that method you get a low resolution picture though.

A good website to get nice looking artwork would be: http://getvideoartwork.com/
suss2it is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2010, 11:06 AM   #18
Amadeo
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
Using that method you get a low resolution picture though.

A good website to get nice looking artwork would be: http://getvideoartwork.com/
Wow! Awesome resource! You're a lifesafer. Thanks. Just bookmarked it.
Amadeo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2010, 11:18 AM   #19
Yvan256
macrumors 601

www.impawards.com

There's quite a few TV series posters, some of them in pretty high resolutions.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 01:01 AM   #20
RealScience
macrumors member

To get a high-res version of the picture from iTunes, just add a couple of steps as outlined below.

Quote:

Right-click and open the small artwork image in new window. The URL of this image will be something like this:

http://a3.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/049/Video/54/57/3d/mzl.jsrarsec.227x227-75.jpg

Just delete the dimensions and the number after the dash, plus the extra dot, in this case "227x227-75." The full resolution image will be:

http://a3.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/049/Video/54/57/3d/mzl.jsrarsec.jpg

Load the image and follow the rest of the instructions below.

Quote:

Cheers!
RealScience is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2011, 07:30 AM   #21
ulm1972
macrumors newbie

Try this website. I found some of what I was looking for here.

http://getvideoartwork.com/index.php
ulm1972 is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2011, 08:59 PM   #22
obsidian1200
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROJECT359 View Post
Command-Shift-4

haha, in before me... if you can't find it, use a screen capture via command-shift-4, and use the mouse cursor to create a box. However, I'm not sure if this will get you the desired resolution.

EDIT: Nevermind, it appears there is a legit way to get the artwork. I didn't even know that... that's awesome!
obsidian1200 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2011, 05:25 AM   #23
standingquiet
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealScience View Post
To get a high-res version of the picture from iTunes, just add a couple of steps as outlined below.

Right-click and open the small artwork image in new window. The URL of this image will be something like this:

http://a3.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/049/...227x227-75.jpg

Just delete the dimensions and the number after the dash, plus the extra dot, in this case "227x227-75." The full resolution image will be:

http://a3.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/049/...l.jsrarsec.jpg

Load the image and follow the rest of the instructions below.
Thank You so much for that!

Matt
Apple TV 3
standingquiet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 02:02 AM   #24
anguse48
macrumors newbie

Perfect Site

Found a site where i found pretty much all of the artwork that i wanted - does tv and movies. - http://bendodsonapps.com/projects/itunes-tv-artwork/
anguse48 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store