Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LLPE33

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2003
who thought the original/old nanos always looked wrong and awkward?

From the first time I saw them they just didn't aesthetically jibe with me. The mini looked okay, but I think the new nanos are the best looking of the iterations of the click-wheel iPods. I think the new touches look the best overall, being the current ultimate evolution of the design and interface, but the 3G nano seems just about perfect to me. Once they become available in 16 and 32GB capacities they will be the pinnacle of their breed...if the click-wheel style isn't phased out before those size flash drives are a fiscally feasable option/addition to the line.

From a visual perspective I think Apple hit it out of the park with the latest round of iPods. Now they just need to iron out the hardware and software kinks.

ivi7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
When the rumor mills were running about the nano i could'nt help but be disgusted about the "fatty" nano. But once I got to see and play with it i have to change my opinion and i think this nano is as good as it gets and I may end up picking one for my collection. :D

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Not to hijack the thread but I'm struggling with a different 3G nano problem, namely resisting the impulse to open the packaging of the silver one that came yesterday via UPS from a reseller. It's a gift for a nephew.

Meanwhile a green one I bought for me at Apple online (with the store credit for iPhone) languishes somewhere in CA and per FedEx will not come until tomorrow. That one is for me. Wahhhhhh!

But back to the thread here: from what I could see of the silver one, i will love the 3G nano, but I don't dislike my 2G ones. They still run, for openers, they don't take up much space in a small purse and their standby time is totally amazing. And they look so cute in iPod socks.

ryanwarsaw

macrumors 68030
Apr 7, 2007
I also think the old Nanos were ugly. The colors were just nasty. They never impressed me enough to consider buying one. You are not alone.

LLPE33

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2003
I also think the old Nanos were ugly. The colors were just nasty. They never impressed me enough to consider buying one. You are not alone.

Finally a truly kindred spirit. :D

I still think the best colors were the original minis. The shades/tones were more subtle, which they've returned to with the 3G. The silver and black look better in this form factor. I wish the red were less magenta to pink and more maroon/oxblood. So add the ability to play video to the new design and the toned down colors and now I'm interested...when they get all the kinks worked (tilted screen and sluggish UI).

LLPE33

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2003
The new nano is the best looking iPod that Apple has ever made and puts the 2g nano to shame.

It almost sounds like your just screwin' with me, but I'll take it!

Preach on, preach on!

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Personally the 2G silver one is by far my favourite nano. Those new ones just don't appeal. Small is beautiful.

Quiara

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2007
who thought the original/old nanos always looked wrong and awkward?

From the first time I saw them they just didn't aesthetically jibe with me. The mini looked okay, but I think the new nanos are the best looking of the iterations of the click-wheel iPods. I think the new touches look the best overall, being the current ultimate evolution of the design and interface, but the 3G nano seems just about perfect to me. Once they become available in 16 and 32GB capacities they will be the pinnacle of their breed...if the click-wheel style isn't phased out before those size flash drives are a fiscally feasable option/addition to the line.

From a visual perspective I think Apple hit it out of the park with the latest round of iPods. Now they just need to iron out the hardware and software kinks.

I thought the old Nanos looked like . . .well, lego bricks. I much prefer my chubby Nano. I <3!

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Would I be correct in saying you have not yet held one?
I have held one. They're all very nice and all, but I prefer something that fits into the phone pocket on my jacket. Otherwise I just wouldn't take it anywhere.

I'm very much a form and function sort of person.

Quiara

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2007
I have held one. They're all very nice and all, but I prefer something that fits into the phone pocket on my jacket. Otherwise I just wouldn't take it anywhere.

I'm very much a form and function sort of person.

Mine fits in every phone pocket on every accessory I have - laptop bag, purse, jacket, etc. I love it; I don't find it cumbersome at all.

imac/cheese

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
I think the 2G ones are beautiful. They have a wonderful sleek look. that being said, I kind of like the new ones too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.