Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aljawad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2004
Planet Earth
Almost 3 weeks ago I purchased the new iPod Nano (8G), and at the same time I bought the entire third season of House MD. To test the video capability of the new iPod and its 5-cm screen, I copied the first episode and watched it in one setting. The next day I watched the second episode - again on the iPod before it hit me: instead of watching the episodes on TV (via Apple TV), on the computer or on a larger iPod, why not watch the entire season on the Nano?

So, over the past few weeks I had the Nano with me all the time, and whenever I had free time to spend, during meal breaks, ... etc. I proceeded to view one episode after another EXCLUSIVELY on the Nano. I set for myself a target date of Sep. 25 - when the fourth season of the show is set to premier - to finish the entire season. I averaged about an episode/+ per day.

I just finished the last episode; right on target and all 24 episodes where viewed on the Nanos screen. Can't wait for the first episode of the fourth season to premier on iTunes tomorrow?

I know, I know. I should qualify for this weeks most ridiculous, trivial, foolish, worthless, pointless, meaningless, ludicrous, useless achievement of the absurd :D

bigbadnewill

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2007
I think your achievement is perhaps the most obscure, haha! I tried watching Scrubs on mine yesterday and was pleasantly impressed. The screen is a very good resolution. It's not ideal watching stuff on it, but when it's all you got it's defo worth it.

aljawad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2004
Planet Earth
I think your achievement is perhaps the most obscure, haha! I tried watching Scrubs on mine yesterday and was pleasantly impressed. The screen is a very good resolution. It's not ideal watching stuff on it, but when it's all you got it's defo worth it.

I agree. A 5-cm screen might be small, but its larger than many cell-phone screens, and people love to watch .3gp clips and trailers on such phones.

Now for my next video trivial pursuit: I need to test my viewing endurance watching an extended series of videos on an iPod Touch. :D
Any suggestions? :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.