Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bushbaby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
SoCal
I love my 7 screen, I'm miserable. I've never done any hacks on my phone. I've also not installed the upgrade. The phone battery never took a full charge and it would get quite hot if I was on a long call.

Last night I wasn't using it and it got very very hot. It had a good (not full) charge but this morning it showed the battery was in the red, a faint screen. I plugged it into the charger cord (I never use the computer). An hour and a half later, it will not come on at all, even with a boot. It is slightly warm.

I would like to get it on long enough to transfer all the photos, but that may not happen.

Q= 1) Are people getting both the 5 and 7 screens when they get a new Iphone these days? I loved the photographic quality of my screen.

2) Is it true they can pull out the sim card so I don't lose all my photos and address book work, etc. if they give me a new phone?

3) this kind of coverage is still covered in the first year, yes? I got my phone at Apple during the first week it was available.

4) do i need to make an appt for this?:confused:

adamyoshida

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2006
Try holding the home and hold buttons for about ten seconds to see if you can get the unit to do a hard reset.

bushbaby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
SoCal
Adam, that didn't work but you got me thinking - I just tried plugging the cable into my Powerbook and it came on!!!! Thank you.

So what does that tell you? Something is wrong with my charger? This is the cable charger, not the desk charger. And still, what about this extreme over-heating?

I guess I should do the software update after I transfer off my photos, huh?

vanmacguy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2007
Not where you live.
Adam, that didn't work but you got me thinking - I just tried plugging the cable into my Powerbook and it came on!!!! Thank you.

So what does that tell you? Something is wrong with my charger? This is the cable charger, not the desk charger. And still, what about this extreme over-heating?

I guess I should do the software update after I transfer off my photos, huh?

I once had a Motorola phone that you could charge using USB if it was dead. Only from the power cord. I wonder if the same thing might apply but that iPhone prefers to be charged using the computer?

Just a thought.

Cheers.

shakastange

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2007
I have a motorola phone that can be charged via USB. When the battery is really dead you can only charge via the adapter. This seems to be common with these sorts of phones.

bushbaby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
SoCal
Update from OP. I spent hours yesterday moving my photos off the iphone (from the camera roll). Then I recharged it by using the wall cord as I usually do. I had it plugged into my TiPb and even though I was working on the PB so it wasn't in sleep mode, the Iphone only charged to halfway.

It charged fine with the wall cord and never got hot the way it did yesterday.

I updated the software to 1.02.

It's acting okay but there is definitely an issue with the overheating that I'll have to keep an eye on. Thanks to everyone who responded.

ivi7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
Whenever I feel the phone overheating I try to think of the last Application I was using extensively and I open it and hold down the home button for 5 seconds so that it quits. Often this solves the problem for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.