Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Well, all the movies are gone, all I get when I go there is graphic and at the bottom, in almost invisible text 'Forbidden - You do not have permission to access / on this server'. The only thing left is a screen shot of a possible antialiased text for IE on OSX.2 Oh, well. At least something got out cause it was shut down fast. Should mean somethings coming soon.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
If what they say is true about 10.2's speed even on the old systems (like my G4 400)... this will allow me to hold out for whenever the hell the G5 comes out. :)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by DaveGee

Iffin 'soon' means MWNY then yep it'll be out soon... ;)

Iffin? Where y'all from, anyway?

For me, sooner would be WWDC on May 6th. It makes more sense. But if not, then definitely MWNY.

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
oh boy... my birthday is on may 7... if apple released this on may 6 it would be my best b-day gift ever!!!

it'd be even better if steve hand delivered the update to me the next day (he does have that nice jet--travel wouldn't be an issue :) )

buffsldr

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2001
Gentlemen, this looks very smooth. It feels good to be part of the revolution... I cant wait until I get my laptop. Iffin people will watch, i will show them the power of X. Sheeeeeeooooooooot.

theranch

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2002
Atlantic City area
It does look...

It does look snappy and smooth but it is on a Dual 1ghz machine! I would hope that it is released before MWNY since that is when the G5 in the new tower will be unveiled(crosses fingers).

Catfish_Man

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2001
Portland, OR
Re: It does look...

Originally posted by theranch
It does look snappy and smooth but it is on a Dual 1ghz machine! I would hope that it is released before MWNY since that is when the G5 in the new tower will be unveiled(crosses fingers).

I doubt that, I'm expecting a new motherboard for the G4 (DDR, FireWire2, USB2, ATA100 or higher). The 133MHz bus is crippling the current G4 (ever seen what happens when you hook PC133 memory to a Pentium 4? Not a pretty sight.), FireWire 2 has been approved, USB2 is out, and ATA100 and 133 are out, so there's nothing really stopping them from adding those (unless it's even more difficult than I think it is to change the bus a processor supports). Look for a spiffy G4 at MWNY and the G5 at MWSF (hopefully it'll have an on chip memory controller like the Hammer).

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Originally posted by kishba
woot!!!

i see the "search" tool bar i've been wanting!!!
I'm sorry, but you can't just say woot!

You have to do it with zeros, and, if at all possible, with three exclamation marks (which you did, well done,) and in bold, like this:

w00t!!!

I'm sorry, but you can't just go around using words like "w00t" without knowing how to use them properly. :D

Sorry, a little off topic there... ;)

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Originally posted by Rocketman
I went to an Apple dealer and played with a G4-800 with OSX. I booted classic which was not previously booted then ran a system information. It showed 137 mhz estimated system speed. So the emulator is fairly slow.
Eh? What? What showed 137 MHz estimated system speed? What emulator? I'm confuzzled.

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
But it does look cool I just wanna get OS X
I don't even have it yet but it is on a dual 1GHZ system they could have used it on a G3 or something

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
Originally posted by Beej
I'm sorry, but you can't just say woot!

You have to do it with zeros, and, if at all possible, with three exclamation marks (which you did, well done,) and in bold, like this:

w00t!!!

I'm sorry, but you can't just go around using words like "w00t" without knowing how to use them properly. :D

Sorry, a little off topic there... ;)

in my excitment my fingers didn't reach the zeros

sorry about that :) ( w00t!!! )

crassusad44

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2001
Scandinavia
Originally posted by kishba
oh boy... my birthday is on may 7... if apple released this on may 6 it would be my best b-day gift ever!!!

it'd be even better if steve hand delivered the update to me the next day (he does have that nice jet--travel wouldn't be an issue :) )

Hey, my birthday is also May 7th! My 21st btw... Now, bring OS 10.2 on.... :D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Just out of curiosity, we're all assuming that OSX.2 is going to be a free upgrade, right? I certainly hope Apple doesn't expect us to shell out the standard $79.00 or what ever for this.

rustypixel

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2002
Man, this whole waiting game is nerve wracking! Will there be a G5? Will the update/upgrade to OS X run faster? Will it be free? Will it all come about at MWNY? Will Apple ever release an AFFORDABLE 19" flat screen for those of us that cannot afford the 23"? :confused: Too much to ponder. Back to Carracho for me...

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
Originally posted by crassusad44

Hey, my birthday is also May 7th! My 21st btw... Now, bring OS 10.2 on.... :D

it'll be my 17 b-day... hopefully i'll be able to get time to take my road test & get my license... i've been a little bit lazy about that...

i also hope to get a real chair for my desk...

10.2 would just be icing on my cake :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.