Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Sep 26, 2007, 02:56 PM   #1
wfunder
macrumors newbie

iTunes doesn't sort my music correctly.

I am having two problems:

1. When I import my music into iTunes, it sorts the songs backwards. Instead of sorting the tracks 1-10, it sorts them 10-1.

2. iTunes does not sort in correct alphabetical order. When I choose to sort by Artist (with the little arrow pointing down), iTunes does not sort correctly. (For example, it will put Aerosmith before AC/DC).

Any help with both of these issues or either one of them will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
wfunder is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2007, 03:00 PM   #2
balamw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfunder View Post
I am having two problems:

1. When I import my music into iTunes, it sorts the songs backwards. Instead of sorting the tracks 1-10, it sorts them 10-1.

2. iTunes does not sort in correct alphabetical order. When I choose to sort by Artist (with the little arrow pointing down), iTunes does not sort correctly. (For example, it will put Aerosmith before AC/DC).

Any help with both of these issues or either one of them will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
The "arrow" is not an arrow. It's a triangle, the pointy end indicates which end of the list should be the smallest value and the fat end is the larger value.

It would appear that iTunes is working as designed, you have just misinterpreted the sort direction indicator.

In your alphabetical example, where does "Beatles" go?

B
Old Sep 26, 2007, 03:00 PM   #3
bartelby
macrumors Core

click the bar that says Artist and it should switch the order
bartelby is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store