Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 26, 2007, 05:32 PM   #1
jfreak623
macrumors regular

Mail App locking up

Anyone else had the problem of the mail app locking up when you are going through deleting mail? If i have 10 or so messages and go through and delete them it usually freezes up halfway once i click delete. It has done this to me on numerous occasions! I have even tried going really slow cause i thought maybe i was going to fast but nope!

Which also brings up another good point, Where the hell is the DELETE ALL function apple????
jfreak623 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2007, 06:02 PM   #2
jecapaga
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfreak623 View Post
Anyone else had the problem of the mail app locking up when you are going through deleting mail? If i have 10 or so messages and go through and delete them it usually freezes up halfway once i click delete. It has done this to me on numerous occasions! I have even tried going really slow cause i thought maybe i was going to fast but nope!

Which also brings up another good point, Where the hell is the DELETE ALL function apple????
Just had this problem a couple days ago. Very annoying. I ended up deleting the entire yahoo account and email on the phone and re-added my account. That worked.
jecapaga is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2007, 12:11 AM   #3
ivi7
macrumors 6502a

I think this is a common issue even i ve been through this a couple of times. I can't agree with you more its high time apple let us select many at a time and delete them.
ivi7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2007, 12:27 AM   #4
Sobe
macrumors 68000

this happens to me pretty regularly.

Very annoying.
Sobe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2007, 01:05 AM   #5
applehappy
macrumors regular

I get mail on iphone doing several odd things. Most often I see the app quit while trying to send an email. Upon reloading the program the email I was trying to send appears with few typed words or letters missing.
I've also had the app lock up and require power reset while deleting emails.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 11:17 AM   #6
kruehl326
macrumors newbie

Mail - Multiple Accounts Issue

I have a MobileMe and a Gmail (IMAP) account that I'm checking with Mail. If both are Online and I Quit the mail program.. .Mail seems to Never Quit. Stays open and if I try to logoff my mac.. Logoff gets cancelled because the Mail program is still running.

The only solution is for me to take my Gmail "Offline" before I quit the program.

Any other workarounds or fixes that anyone knows of? I'm going to call AppleCare to see what they say also... If I get an answer I'll post.

Sorry I posted this in wrong section... this is a Mac issue, not iphone.

Last edited by kruehl326; Sep 7, 2009 at 11:23 AM.
kruehl326 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone