Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hofnar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
The problem I am having is that lines will appear on my screen at random times (vertical and horizontal), or when I tilt the screen. I had it replaced at the Ginza store after my screen died, then I had it replaced a few weeks ago at the 5th Ave store and it's doing it again, but this time more colors of lines show but vertically and horizontally.

In the last replacement the gave me a new screen and a logic board. It was good for about 4 days. Am I doing something wrong? I have read on the forum about people having small lines show, but my whole screen changes.

My computer sits on my desk in my room, it never leaves. It's also a last gen 17 inch PowerBook.

Is it time for me to buy a new one?

shoulin333

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
California
does it freeze hard when the lines appear?

if so it was never the lcd at all, rather a bad logic board, my ibook g4 has the prob too,

if your still under applecare just ask for another new logic board,... or hell mabey credit twords a macbook pro? hehe

this link below is for the fix on the ibook, mabey something similar on the PB?
http://www.coreyarnold.org/ibook/

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
I too had that problem only with an iBook (a 12" G3). I have a Ti book and three other later G4 powerbooks and never have had that problem with any of them. But they're 12" and 15" not the 17.

hofnar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah it freezes. :(

You know the filter on photobooth, like the heat sensor one. It sometimes looks like that. And if I tilt the monitor to fix it, the screen will shut off.

Ive been tempted to ask for credit. When they fixed it a few weeks ago it took 2 weeks to get it back, and I work a lot from home. I guess it's better than nothing though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.