Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Sep 27, 2007, 09:12 PM   #1
Benjamindaines
macrumors 68030

Anybody still sporting a ROKR?

It seems a though we don't have an iTunes phone thread anymore, so I guess here is good enough. Basically my question is, is there anybody here that still has a ROKR or another "iTunes phone"? Or have you all come to the conclusion that they sucked and switched to an iPhone or stand-alone iPod?

--Cheers

Benjamindaines is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2007, 09:42 PM   #2
LizKat
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamindaines View Post
It seems a though we don't have an iTunes phone thread anymore, so I guess here is good enough. Basically my question is, is there anybody here that still has a ROKR or another "iTunes phone"? Or have you all come to the conclusion that they sucked and switched to an iPhone or stand-alone iPod?

--Cheers
Yep, my ROKR and my iPhone are are on family plan now with ATT, with data for the iPhone only. As a phone, the ROKR has seemed great for call quality. I had lent it to one of my brothers for awhile and we had some really long conversations from way across the state with no drops.

As an iPod, the iTunes ROKR-E1 is... well you know. I don't really think of it as an iPod. It's what it is. A novelty. Fun! Different... and crippled to 100 songs, jeez. It's hard to pick so few. I change the list maybe every four months and put mostly old faves and things that by trial and error don't sound too bad on the speaker out. I use it like a radio in the kitchen while making lunch sometimes. With the clatter of food prep, I don't notice the sound isn't stellar quality.

I was annoyed that it had a micro audio out jack. The camera works great for a cell cam and offloads easily into iPhoto. Sync of the music via itunes is certainly simple enough. The screen has held up great, zero scratches, I don't know why because it's not been babied.

I actually think the candy bar shape is cute, I never had a candy bar phone before that one. I use the airplane mode a lot because I drive through areas where otherwise a cellphone eats a lot of juice dropping and trying to pick up the towers in mountainous terrain. I let it find the network when I get to where I know there's ATT coverage. But the phone's regular menu sucks, I can never remember where I found things I want to use once in awhile. Don't like the contacts handling. Don't care for that typical wiggly little Moto style charger tip, but I do like how the wallwart prongs fold in.
LizKat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2007, 09:47 PM   #3
twoodcc
macrumors P6

Send a message via AIM to twoodcc Send a message via MSN to twoodcc
my sister and her husband both have a ROKR
Old Sep 27, 2007, 09:51 PM   #4
LizKat
macrumors 68000

Forgot to mention pet peeve about ROKR - the proprietary sync cable...
LizKat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2007, 11:15 PM   #5
macrlz9
macrumors 6502

I still have my SLVR with iTunes... don't use it much anymore since I got the iPhone though :-P

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod